I'm looking for examples of commercial corridors in suburban settings that maintain a strong sense of place. Ideally, corridors that:
- Are pedestrian/bicycle friendly
- Have a good public/private interface along the streetscape, even with minimal parking between bldgs and ROW
- Are fairly high intensity without being very high density (i.e., few multistory buildings)
- Easily accessed by car
- Along a major (4-6 lane) arterial (bonus points if its a State Highway!)
- Mixture of commercial uses (retail, dining, office) and maybe some residential
See the responses here.