Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: NCAA "Bracket Madness"

Registered
    Jun 2003

NCAA "Bracket Madness"

? Is your school in the tournament ?

My two schools were mentioned as bubble teams - but not going to the big dance.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Nope, they had to win the MAC tournament but only made the quarter-finals. Nor is my favorite team in the dance (for the first time in 18 years), so I'll be rooting for the Princeton Tigers -- I love the way those kids play the game.

Off-topic:
    JNA-- do these hoosier folks make fun of the way you say "tournament" like they do me?
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Not my team, but the local team DID win in the MAC...
    Go Western Michigan University

(Sorry Kent State)

ALTHOUGH, my college team is in the CCHA Finals at the Joe Louis Arena this coming weekend (GO NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY WILDCATS)
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

My alma mater, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, couldn't hit a free throw to save their lives, so we had to settle for the NIT.

However the Wisconsin Badgers, my second favorite team, are in with a disappointing 6th seed. At least they are playing 60 miles from home in Milwaukee
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Repo I think Wisconsin got screwed by the committee (although playing in Milwaukee makes up for it a bit). Although I'm a Hoosier fan (insert insults here), I really like Wisconsin and will probably carry them pretty far in my brackets this year.
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Both WMU and MSU made it, so I double lucked out. However, I don't entertain any great hopes for either beyond the first round....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2001
    My school is too small for this tourney.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    Repo I think Wisconsin got screwed by the committee (although playing in Milwaukee makes up for it a bit). Although I'm a Hoosier fan (insert insults here), I really like Wisconsin and will probably carry them pretty far in my brackets this year.
    If they would have recieved a 6 seed anywhere else in the Country, I would be furious but playing in Milwaukee kind of makes up for it. I have no idea how the 10th ranked team in the country is not a 3 or 4 seed. A 6 seed means that the NCAA thinks that the Badgers are no better than the 24th best team in the country. Complete BS.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Quote Originally posted by Repo Man
    A 6 seed means that the NCAA thinks that the Badgers are no better than the 24th best team in the country. Complete BS.
    Agreed. Wisconsin is a 6 and Illinois is a 5? Get out!

Still, I think they'll get past a decent but beatable Richmond, then I like their chances against Pitt. They get past Pitt and they are final four. Remember, you read it here first. o
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Oct 2003
    U of Ariz is a regular at the tourney. Seton Hall will go down on Thursday. Go Cats!! Phoenix is hosting this year, but I don't have tix.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Well, since we've done fantasy football, and despite the fact I haven't watched a single college basketball game this season......

I've created a group on Yahoo's Tournament Pick'Em for those wanting to challenge yourselves against the rest of the "throbbing brain."

Group ID# 53199
    password: plan
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Thanks NHPlanner! I signed up and picked Bucky to win it all! Since there is no $ involved I figured I would play the homer!

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    Agreed. Wisconsin is a 6 and Illinois is a 5? Get out!

Still, I think they'll get past a decent but beatable Richmond, then I like their chances against Pitt. They get past Pitt and they are final four. Remember, you read it here first. o
    Despite the fact that both the Panthers and Warriors are from Milwaukee, the area is very much Badger country, too. Look for a _strong_ 'home town' sellout crowd at the Bradley Center for each game that Wisconsin plays this weekend.

Mike

Registered
    Jul 2002
    My alma mater didn't make it this year (Univ. of OK) but another Oklahoma team IS kickin some butt (Oklahoma State)--- #2 baby!!!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. 2013 NCAA March Madness Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 77
    Last post: 09 Apr 2013, 10:03 AM
  2. 2012 NCAA March Madness
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Mar 2012, 10:32 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 14 Sep 2011, 8:38 AM