Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 National Football League trash talk thread!

Registered
    Mar 2004

2006 National Football League trash talk thread!

It is Wednesday, 2006-07-26 as I type this and NFL training camps are about to open, a sure sign that all is right and well here in the US of A.

Let's hear what everyone has to say about their favorite (and least favorite) teams, players, coaches, etc!

A mug of Packerland's finest microbrew for me when I hear the best!

Mike

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Suwheeet...

Go Pat's - Belicek is building up a formidable force, let some stars go, it's all good - Brady still hungry for another ring

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Return of a prime time soap opera====T.O. in Dallas. Should have a Emmy Award winning episode.----------Who Shot T.O.?

Registered
    Jul 2004

Another Patriots...

1st Down!

Any DC area Pats fans on here?

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Still a bit concerned about the Deion Branch situation, but am confident the Pats will get a deal done, like they did with Seymour last year.

Division Champs again....I'll wait to see how other teams in the AFC shape up before making any predictions farther than that.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Denver Broncos !
    They have QB Jay Cutler, from Santa Claus, IN.

A fan since the CRUSH years.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    May 2003
    Ummm...

Well, uh....

Shoot, this could be the year!

GO LIONS!

Uh, no, I take it back. Sorry.
    SOME say the world will end in fire, Some say in ice.
    From what I’ve tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice, I think I know enough of hate
    To know that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.

Robert Frost (1874–1963) (From Harper’s Magazine, December 1920.)

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Quote Originally posted by DecaturHawk
    Ummm...

Well, uh....

Shoot, this could be the year!

GO LIONS!

Uh, no, I take it back. Sorry.
    Lions will have a perfect season and will crush every team they play... Oh and flying monkeys will create a teleporter and control the planet.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    Lions will have a perfect season and will crush every team they play... Oh and flying monkeys will create a teleporter and control the planet.

Shush- that was my secret plan for world domination.

With that being said-Go Colts- Hey new englanders, how do you like your game winning kickers new home?
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner
    Hey new englanders, how do you like your game winning kickers new home?
    I admit it's tough to lose Vinitieri, but there's no way I'd devote that much of my salary cap space to a kicker, no matter how good he is.

Enjoy life without EJ!
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    I admit it's tough to lose Vinitieri, but there's no way I'd devote that much of my salary cap space to a kicker, no matter how good he is.

Enjoy life without EJ!
    EJ is a tough lose and his departure will put a kink in Peyton's high powered offense. However, the Colts bounced back from Faulk's departure. It concerns me that they didn't really have a plan B for losing him. Further, they didn't pick up a rb from free agency.

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner
    EJ is a tough lose and his departure will put a kink in Peyton's high powered offense. However, the Colts bounced back from Faulk's departure. It concerns me that they didn't really have a plan B for losing him. Further, they didn't pick up a rb from free agency.
    FWIW, I still think the Pats & Colts are the best teams in the AFC, especially since Ben "lowest qb rating ever in a Super Bowl win, and I owe the Super Bowl win all to a receiver's athleticism on a trick play that's no longer on my team" Roethlesberger's stupidity on his 2 wheeled vehicle.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    I am going to change my statement...

Since it is Bret Farve’s last year, he will personally whip his team into shape (literally with a leather whip) and Green Bay will barely make the playoffs, but will dominate from that point on.

*And I have always been a Packer Fan...when they sucked, when the rocked, and still now that they suck again.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    FWIW, I still think the Pats & Colts are the best teams in the AFC, especially since Ben "lowest qb rating ever in a Super Bowl win, and I owe the Super Bowl win all to a receiver's athleticism on a trick play that's no longer on my team" Roethlesberger's stupidity on his 2 wheeled vehicle.
    Best teams in football since the NFC pretty much stinks, with the exception of Seattle. As for Ben, I know most 20-year olds think they are bullet proof, but riding w/o a helmet is just plain dumb.

Registered
    Nov 2005
    AFC East - Pats
    AFC North - Cinci
    AFC South - Jacksonville
    AFC West - Ponies (Broncos)

Wildcard - Dolts and Fish

NFC East - Dallas
    NFC North - Who cares (Chicago)
    NFC South - Atlanta
    NFC West - Arizona

Wildcard - Seattle, Carolina

I will end up being so wrong, but hey that is part of the fun.
    Satellite City Enabler

Registered
    Oct 2001
    GO 'BOIDS!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff
    GO 'BOIDS!

Who????????

Go Bolts!!

Registered
    Aug 2004
    My husband would kill me if he saw this, but here goes . . .

GO Anyone Other than the Cowboys

I can't wait until they move to Arlington and the hideous Tx Stadium, which I can see from my office window, is imploded.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Red Birds are going to fly high!!!

If you say it long enough it eventually comes true.

New stadium, new logo... same crappy owners

NFC Title Game prediction Lions v Cardinals...

I wonder what the vegas line is on this happening!
    "You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it,..." -Bane

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon
    Red Birds are going to fly high!!!

If you say it long enough it eventually comes true.

New stadium, new logo... same crappy owners

NFC Title Game prediction Lions v Cardinals...

I wonder what the vegas line is on this happening!
    If that happens, then a few people will be making a LOT of money on that long shot bet.
    Satellite City Enabler

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Go Steelers

Go Steelers !!!

Yes, I have to be practical. I know we were not the best AFC team last season but we were the best when it mattered the most. That's common in sports.

Ben Roethlisberger.....I predict a good season.....his best. Reasons include a tamed-down attitude of invincibility (because of the motorcycle debacle AND because he knows he had a lousy Super Bowl) and finally having a go-deep threat in the hopefully-law-abiding Santonio Holmes. That deep threat, the continued improvement of one of the BEST tight ends in the league, Heath Miller, and the maturity and grin of Hines Ward (Super Bowl MVP) will give our now-questionable running game the openings it needs.

That Running Game - Yes, very questionable. Fast Willie Parker won't suprise anybody this season....he's now on radar. The whole key to our season could very well be whether or not ex-Eagle Duce Staley can be the power back he is supposed to be.....and replace that smiling Jerome Bettis (who now locally advertises for Detroit Tiger baseball).

The Defense - One of the three best "D's" in the NFL. Can it keep that level another year? I think "yes".

The NFC North - The Steeler's fate is hinged to the six-pack of games against the other NFC teams. Cincinnati will be the favorite to win the division.....IF Carson Palmer comes back soon enough and good enough. Statistics for dudes coming back from serious injuries (for that firest returning year) are not good. He would have to beat the odds. Baltimore will be improved.....hopefully not much. The Cleveland Browns were.....until today.....looked as a legitimate "sleeper", with a super defense and an improving offense. Today they lost a high-paid free agent to a serious injury.....on the first day of camp. Cleveland's success also will be very dependent on whether or not Mid-American Conference QB Frye can do what other QB's from the mid-major conference have done.....be darn good at the NFL level.

Hunger - Of course, I am a big big BIG BIG Bill Cowher fan. He has been very successful at Pittsburgh and he certainly has the moxie to get his charges to have the HUNGER needed to repeat last year's success. The Steelers are solid throughout and will only have themselves to blame if they can't be in the race to the finish.
    _____

As mentioned in another thread, a month or so ago.....the faves in the NFL should certainly include Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Seattle, Carolina, New England, Denver.

I just don't know about Indianapolis and their ability to rebound from a FLAT play-off tourney.

Other potentials include Miami (winners of a slew of games at the end of last season), Minnesota, Chicago (great defense), Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Kansas City, San Diego.

Philadelphia? They have a super Coach and should be past the T.O. junk. They could be very good.

A dude I work with predicts the real surprise this season will be Phoenix. And what about Washington, the New York football Giants, St. Louis.....

Gadzooks.....I love the NFL.....

Go Steelers !!!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Baaaack in the saddle again....

Need I say more?

The Broncos rock. The Broncos will dominate. All others will bow in defiance to their might! (I will say this regardless)

Lots of variables, but the Broncos should do well. One of the toughest (if not THE TOUGHEST) schedules in the NFL should be a good test of their will.

Although Jay Cutler signed for a boatload of $$, Plummer will still be at the helm. If last year was any indication, Shanahan will keep Plummer on a tight leash, lest he run free and try to do too much.

4,500 feet above sea level (not quite a Mile High for me) and praying that Javon Walkers knee deos well!

ZMan!

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    May 2004
    sorry zman - but your donkeys are going to take a distant second in the AFC west.

Chargers all the way!!!!

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner
    sorry zman - but your donkeys are going to take a distant second in the AFC west.

Chargers all the way!!!!
    Yaaaawn.

I still remember New Year's Eve, you could visibly see Rivers shaking at the site of the Orange Crush defense (revisited).

Let's Roll, Bitches . Two weeks and the Broncos have their first preseason game in Detroit!
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    [QUOTE=zmanPLAN] Baaaack in the saddle again....

Need I say more?

The Broncos rock. SNIP SNIP SNIP

The SNIPing sound you heard was the sound of pansies being cut. They don't grow so well in Colorado. Must be the thin air.

OTOH.....Katie says, "Wow, that's cool" as she looks at the orangeish poster flashed by a certain northern Colorado resident. Isn't it already obvious.....after nearly 5000 posts.....that she has no taste.

Go Steelers !!!!!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 272
    Last post: 15 Nov 2012, 6:30 PM
  2. 2008 National Football League Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 20 Jan 2009, 10:44 AM