Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Bowl

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2005

Super Bowl

Okay, we're down to teh Elite 8 of the NFL. It should be easier to make a prediction now. Who's going to be playing Feb. 4 in Miami. I'm from San Diego, so you know what I'm thinking. Time for a new dynasty. Move over Patriots.

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    San Diego and Chicago

But Chicago will probably not get there in reality, because of some major letdown in the playoffs, which tends to be habitual.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003

Steelers Are Still Champs !!!

Yes, the Pittsburgh Steelers remain World Champions.....for a few more weeks.

In the AFC (a tougher conference from top to bottom) I would pick the New England Patriots to go to another Super Bowl. They are almost always superb in the play-offs. Yes, they have to beat a very-impressive San Diego Lightning Bolt club. If the Pats do not slip into the AFC final, I would expect Baltimore to go to the big dance. The Ravens defense is incredible.....and their offense is much better this year.

Stats say that "Da Bears" should win the NFC cup. Probably.

P.S. "Stillers" will be back next year !!!

Bear
    Occupy Cyburbia!

Registered
    May 2004
    San Diego and New Orleans

I think the Bears are going down this weekend.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Just because of living in the Philly area, I would love to see the Eagles go all the way. I have never seen more rabid fans.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2004
    I think that Marty will doom the chargers. My feel good pick is the Saints, The Bears are so up and down with Grossman that I wouldn't feel safe picking them. I am going with the Ravens and Saints, with the Ravens winning the most boring superbowl of all time, 13 to 3.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by cololi View post
    I think that Marty will doom the chargers.
    YES! He will!!!

Chargers dynasty? Hardly. Wait till next year, cause the Broncos will be winning for Darrent!

Anyways, it'll be good to see that Patsies lose this weekend. (yes, Ima, cololi, and whoeverelse, I'll be going for the Bolts.).
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2004

Right.....

Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post

I'll go with this matchup too.....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Trail Nazi View post
    Just because of living in the Philly area, I would love to see the Eagles go all the way. I have never seen more rabid fans.
    Thanks you!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    YES! He will!!!

Chargers dynasty? Hardly. Wait till next year, cause the Broncos will be winning for Darrent!

Anyways, it'll be good to see that Patsies lose this weekend. (yes, Ima, cololi, and whoeverelse, I'll be going for the Bolts.).
    Well I there isn't a dynasty until we win a super bowl first. But you have to take into consideration of the Chargers good players and how young they are in addition to most of them being locked up for long term contracts. Tomlinson is signed through 2010 or 2011. Shawne Merriman is locked up through 2009. Antonio Gates and Phillip Rivers same thing. Quinten Jammer 2012. I could go on and on. Plus we have the best general manager in the NFL in AJ Smith. Look at what we got for Eli Manning. Phillip Rivers (Pro Bowler), Shawne Merriman (Pro Bowler and best OLB in the NFL), and Nate Kaeding (Pro Bowl Kicker). And I don't think Eli Manning has made it to the pro bowl yet. Karma is a b@#* Eli!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I am flying to the Panhandle that weekend. RJ informed me the other night that it is the super bowl weekend. Like I had a clue! Guess I better take a good book along....

Registered
    Nov 2005
    If the Pats slip by the Bolts (which I hope they do) they will be going to the Super Bowl again. If the Pats lose, it is all Baltimore. That team is scary. Personally, I cannot wait to see Baltimore make the Colts pay for jumping ship and moving to that horrid wasteland Indy (just kidding people from Indiana).

On the NFC side, if the Eagles get by NO they are also going to the Super Bowl. I think whomever wins this game is going to the big dance.

So...my prediction is a rematch. Phily v Pats and the Pats win AGAIN!!!! (although I will miss seeing McNabb lose his stomach on the most important drive in his career like the last time)
    Satellite City Enabler

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    I am flying to the Panhandle that weekend. RJ informed me the other night that it is the super bowl weekend. Like I had a clue! Guess I better take a good book along....
    Off-topic:
    Oooooo, that reminds me. I need to start thinking about the menu for the day. I'll peruse the Southern Living Slow-Cooker Cookbook given to me at X-mas to find the perfect Super Sunday recipe. Dinner should be ready at kick-off. Of course, the morning starts with eggs Benedict and sparkling wine.

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Plan-it View post
    Personally, I cannot wait to see Baltimore make the Colts pay for jumping ship and moving to that horrid wasteland Indy (just kidding people from Indiana).)
    That is so over. Should the Cleveland folks still be pi$$ed for Baltimore copping the Browns? Further, they've gone to a superbowl with that team. What's good for the goose.... It truth, the Indy paper did run an article on this same thing today. As for the wasteland comment, I'll ignore it but as I understand, Baltimore isn't exactly an urban paradise. You have Camden Yards, the Inner Habor and exactly what else?

As for the bowl, Da Bears vs the Bolts, even with Mr. lack of consentration Rex Grossman. The Eagles and Saints are both good feel-good teams, but the Bears still do have the best team. Sorry Indy fans, we just don't have the defense to get there and the Bolts still have the best over-all team in the AFC.
    Last edited by Whose Yur Planner; 10 Jan 2007 at 10:51 PM.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Nov 2004
    Everyone is beatable, so my money is on Bill Bellichek. Patriots over Saints.
    Fighting congestion by widening roads is like fighting obesity by buying larger clothes.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Lions and the Texans?
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner View post
    Lions and the Texans?
    Detroit Lions and the LA Raiders!

Winner should get the 1st round draft pick and the looser should be banished from pro-football for EVER! [evil laugh] HA HA HA [/evil laugh]
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Aug 2005
    FALCONS!!!

Oh, wait - they mised the playoffs again and fired the coach...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Whoever wins the AFC will win the Super Bowl. 'nuff said. None of the NFC teams are complete enough to win the SB.

I can see any of the 4 remaining teams from the AFC winning it all....though I have a hard time believing the Colts can stop the run enough to advance much farther.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Bless you boys!!!!!!!

SAINTS vs. the loser
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I am with NHPlanner as is typical on these situations...

but I am really hoping for the Patriot's, obviously - I think if they beat San Diego, they can do anything...

I am secretly happy for the Saints doing so well this year, though, yes -

but I see this year's Patriot's as a return to the 2001 Patriot's team

When Tom Brady was asked if he was upset about not being asked to be in the Pro Bowl he said, there's only one bowl I'm interested in...

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post

That's what I think

Quote Originally posted by Planderella View post
    Bless you boys!!!!!!!

SAINTS vs. the loser
    It's funny how the "Aints" were out in force the last couple of years. Now they are at the top in one.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 11 Jan 2007 at 10:41 AM. Reason: double reply
    Trying to get my grubby hands on as much stimulus money as I can.:D

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Congratulations to the Saint's fans in here!

very very nervous about today -

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Phew, that was a close call yesterday - I think they had to defrib my husband a few times at the party he went to, poor guy...

I just took a nice bet with Whose Yer Planner to change Avatar's to the winning team next weekend - Pats vs. Colts

I must admit I am nervous because we were a little sloppy yesterday and did our usual pull it out of our butts in the last quarter - we gotta stop doing that, my husband's heart can't take it!

anyway, I am happy for the Saints and with apologies to the Chicago fans, but I hope the Sants go to the big show this year - but if the Pats go, sorry to the Saints - nobody beats the AFC

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    Phew, that was a close call yesterday - I think they had to defrib my husband a few times at the party he went to, poor guy...

I just took a nice bet with Whose Yer Planner to change Avatar's to the winning team next weekend - Pats vs. Colts

I must admit I am nervous because we were a little sloppy yesterday and did our usual pull it out of our butts in the last quarter - we gotta stop doing that, my husband's heart can't take it!

anyway, I am happy for the Saints and with apologies to the Chicago fans, but I hope the Sants go to the big show this year - but if the Pats go, sorry to the Saints - nobody beats the AFC
    Your boys are going down lp. You are in the thunderdome this time.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Cyburbia Super Bowl
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 31 Dec 2012, 5:00 PM
  2. Super Bowl Ad favorites ?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 22
    Last post: 07 Feb 2012, 4:38 PM
  3. Super Bowl