Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 87 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

The NEVERENDING What Are Your Weekend Plans Thread

We are going to Shippensburg, PA to look for retirement property on Saturday. Friday nite is card and wine night, playing cards and drinking unlimited amounts of wine.

House hunting, wedding planning, college hoops, movie night, car washing, target....etc.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Going to our state capital to watch the Hurricanes play the Lightening, definitly getting a round of golf in with the B-I-L too. Looking forward to it. I haven't been to a pro hockey game in a looonnngggg time.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Saturday - taking someone to the airport, then doing a ladies night with wine and cheese.

Sunday - I'm thinking of going to the Home and Garden Show downtown. I could be convinced, however, to go to the Lawn and Garden Show in the next town over. Either will be fun.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Saturday morning: planning law mid-term

Saturday afternoon: drinking heavily to forget Saturday morning
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Nov 2006

Fat Cat

Spending Saturday with our Grandaughter to celebrate her 13th birthday
    I am not ready for her to be a teenager.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    Spending the evening with the future in-laws.

Tomorrow is a church yard sale!!! I'm really excited, I hope we find some stuff for our kitchen or something...like we need more stuff!!!

Tomorrow the rest of the day I'll be nagging MrT to write his thesis, it's due in 35 days.

Sunday if it warms up we might go to the beach.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    tonight: maybe soccer?

saturday: measure the backyard, and take BF out for his celebratory dinner

sunday: chill
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Texas Independence Parade and Lone Star Rodeo in Austin! Yee-haw!

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Last night, to Ames and back to see daughter's symphonic band concert, where she was featured flugelhorn soloist.

Today, to Iowa City to hear son's jazz band concert, where he is featured trombone soloist.

Yes, my kids rule . . .

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2006
    looking at a new apartment in about an hour, after that running and weightlifting, laundry, working on my portfolio, and hanging out with a buddy tonight

portfolio and maybe church tomorrow

Registered
    Jun 2005
    I'm here at the office.

That's just how we roll here. Too much on our plates right now. I need an intern/little helper dube.

Later, I'm jamming out with a guitar player looking to possibly form a band, then heading into NYC for a concert.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Working on LUCA.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Working on LUCA.
    That's a four letter word. It's why I'm here today as well.

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I was a slug today. Today, I did some cooking and shopping, Finished the lasagna for ZGs return from central FL tomorrow. Tee time is 8:00 a.m. tomorrow. I should stop drinking...now, right. I promise, the rest of the household chores will be completed tomorrow...

PWI, again...
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I've been hanging out with the girlfriends this weekend: best friend since 8th grade last night; TN, sc, another blonde planning person today, and my mom today, family friend tonight. 6.5 hr drive back to the panhandle tomorrow.

wow this family friend has the tinest keyboard I've ever seen. I feel like a big person for once.

BTW, thanks to TN, she brought her kids down,who are so cute. We were going out front for a pic and she says, I think to her kids, come on short one. Oh, and Mac and Eleanor too, hehehehe....

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Man, I wish I could have a weekend full of fun activities like you've all mention.

I find that I cannot get a full weekend day without doing anything related to work, teaching that is. It has been driving me nuts lately and had me wondering if one can work without having homework to bring home on weekday nights and on weekends on a regular basis! Is this even possible?

Saturday: attend an information session about media and technologies helpful for the Deaf, pick up some items to borrow from Dad for this trip in northern Canada, buy a polypropolene long-sleeves shirt for the trip, budgeting, do some planning for the upcoming week, and watch "In Good Company"

Sunday: sleep in, read some newspaper articles online, do lots of preparation work for the week

Not nearly as exciting as of your plans.

Registered
    Aug 1997
    Looking forward to a great weekend. Probably go bonkers with my son at the local family fun center, Going Bonkers. And, go to dinner and a hockey game with a new friend.
    JOE ILIFF

"Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2008
    Taking out the collards, few cabbages left and one more meal of brussels sprouts and putting in the spring/summer garden.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Richi View post
    Taking out the collards, few cabbages left and one more meal of brussels sprouts and putting in the spring/summer garden.
    We should shepard this post over to the 2008 garden thread!

Color me envious - the folks in Florida are harvesting cool weather veggies and here we haven't begun to plant! That's okay, it's T minus 11 days until our traditional pea planting date (St. Patricks Day). I feel more anticipation with that first spring planting than I do with all World Series, performance reviews, and excursions to Chuck E. Cheese combined.

Me, I'll be fixing/replacing the garden gate this weekend. There's still about three inches of snow on the ground.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jun 2005
    I'll be sitting down MrT with his research and a laptop and making him write. I don't know what I'll do. Probably research new apartments, clean up, gather things to donate to goodwill...exciting times.

I hope to catch a movie, we did last weekend and I had forgotten how much I missed seeing movies in the theater!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    This weekend I will be taking the mrs. to the Bodies exhibit. If you are not familiar wikipedia says, ""BODIES...The Exhibition" is a controversial exhibition showcasing preserved human bodies dissected to display bodily systems."

I say weird, the mrs. says amazing, so off we go. The nice part is that it is in Cincinnati, which we can see as well. Why not make a road trip to see odd dead bodies.....and eat bbq?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Digging out from another snowstorm.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Hink_Planner View post
    This weekend I will be taking the mrs. to the Bodies exhibit. If you are not familiar wikipedia says, ""BODIES...The Exhibition" is a controversial exhibition showcasing preserved human bodies dissected to display bodily systems."

I say weird, the mrs. says amazing, so off we go. The nice part is that it is in Cincinnati, which we can see as well. Why not make a road trip to see odd dead bodies.....and eat bbq?
    I saw something similar in Denver a couple years ago. I thought it was quite interesting to say the least. I remember that it was summer and the exhibit was so popular that the museum ran their air conditioning over time and it quit. I was there after it quit, the exhibit was still popular and we were all sweating.

This weekend? Well, we don't have much planned, I may try to strike up a card game with the neighbors, or we'll just hang out.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Tresmo View post
    I hope to catch a movie, we did last weekend and I had forgotten how much I missed seeing movies in the theater!
    I know the feeling - we've been to the movie theater three times in the last month or so. I think that's more than we did for all of last year!

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 87 1 2 11 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 230
    Last post: 01 Aug 2014, 9:58 AM
  2. Replies: 61
    Last post: 07 Oct 2011, 3:11 PM
  3. What are your plans for the weekend
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 940
    Last post: 06 Jan 2008, 9:31 PM
  4. Weekend Plans