Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2008-2009 NBA Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Jun 2007

2008-2009 NBA Trash Talk Thread

And so the season begins! Poor Portland, you guys get no luck with your draft picks. Ever, it seems.

In other news, the Thunder lost their first game (big surprise). Oh well. This season's going to be rough anyways. I ordered my hat, though!

Anyone else have anything to say thus far? I know a lot of teams start play tonight.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TexanOkie View post
    And so the season begins! Poor Portland, you guys get no luck with your draft picks. Ever, it seems.

In other news, the Thunder lost their first game (big surprise). Oh well. This season's going to be rough anyways. I ordered my hat, though!

Anyone else have anything to say thus far? I know a lot of teams start play tonight.
    Good job stealing Seattle's team!

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Ugh

I'm trying to get excited about the NBA season, but with the Warriors likely to suuuuuuck this year, it looks like it will be a continuation of the terrible Bay Area sports scene that has been the norm this year (both baseball teams sucked, both football teams are really terrible, and Sharks choked yet again in the playoffs).
    Two wrongs don't necessarily make a right, but three lefts do.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    The Hawks got off to a good start last night - nice road win over the defending divison champs. They're nowhere near world beaters yet, but maybe this will be the year they but together a winning record and get into the playoffs as something other than an eight-seed (with a losing record). Enjoy exile in Greece, Childress.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Good job stealing Seattle's team!
    Yep. We are, after all, the first team to relocate for "shady" political or economic reasons. Sorry, Dodgers/Lakers/Twins/Rangers/Giants/Cardinals/Rams/Colts/Browns/Raiders/Kings/Oilers/Titans/Athletics/Grizzlies/Expos/Senators/Jets/Coyotes/Braves fans. You guys don't count.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Ha ha ha....

Yep. We are, after all, the first team to relocate for political reasons.
    Nice uniforms.....did they each get a free bowl of soup too?
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    Wouldn't know. I don't want to stand in line down at the kitchen. Remember, we never recovered from the Dust Bowl/Depression.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    ZING...my compatriot from the West does it again...
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jun 2007
    The Thunder got their first win. It actually came quicker than I had thought. Oh, and for those NBA fans who are displaced from the town of their teams, nba.com offers an "all-access pass" that lets you listen to any game on the local radio network of your choice. Best of all, it's free! (Thanks, bobcatplanner for telling me about this!)

Registered
    May 2004
    The Thunder got their first win. It actually came quicker than I had thought. Oh, and for those NBA fans who are displaced from the town of their teams, nba.com offers an "all-access pass" that lets you listen to any game on the local radio network of your choice. Best of all, it's free! (Thanks, bobcatplanner for telling me about this!)
    The thunder can kiss my a$$. Bunch of team stealing a-holes

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    The thunder can kiss my a$$. Bunch of team stealing a-holes
    Please see my previous comments about that particular topic.

Registered
    May 2004
    Please see my previous comments about that particular topic.
    I could care less about any other team that relocated. I live in seattle. I'm pissed. Instead of being a sonics fan this year I am only a fan of the stupid thunder losing every freakin game. What a stupid name. Clay Bennett can suck one

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Iverson traded to Detroit for hometown hero Chauncy Billups. I like this trade and may watch the Nuggets once again.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    Iverson traded to Detroit for hometown hero Chauncy Billups. I like this trade and may watch the Nuggets once again.
    It will be interesting to see what happens with McDyess (who was also part of the trade). Right now he says he won't play in Denver and it looks like Denver will waive him and buy out his contract - and then Detroit may resign him for less money.
    Two wrongs don't necessarily make a right, but three lefts do.

Registered
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    I could care less about any other team that relocated. I live in seattle. I'm pissed. Instead of being a sonics fan this year I am only a fan of the stupid thunder losing every freakin game. What a stupid name. Clay Bennett can suck one
    I admire your mature handling of the situation.

Registered
    Mar 2004

Sweet!

What a great move! Now that the cancer known as AI is gone, maybe they can play some D again Billups is fun to watch and should draw a crowd of loyal fans, including this ONE. I don't think CU basketball has gone anywhere since he left
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    May 2004
    I admire your mature handling of the situation.
    Thank you..

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    That's good for ya'll... I've thought Iverson was a divisive presence in the Denver locker room and I've always liked Billups (who doesn't mind playing defense, what a concept!). I think that was an excellent gain for team chemistry and maintaining good talent.

Not that it matters since you guys still can't figure out how to win more than one playoff game and get out of the 1st playoff round...

2008 -- lost to LA Lakers, 4-0, first round
    2007 -- lost to San Antonio, 4-1, first round
    2006 -- lost to LA Clippers, 4-1, first round
    2005 -- lost to San Antonio, 4-1, first round
    2004 -- lost to Minnesota, 4-1, first round

'Course I don't have room to mock anyone with the Spurs team looking like a medical ward these days.
    Last edited by Suburb Repairman; 04 Nov 2008 at 3:46 PM.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    Yeah, hopefully Billups will provide a spark to the team. The fans have been loyal since Anthony was drafted, but now having Billups (a Denver native and CU grad) in the Pepsi Center will add just enough I think to get into the second round of the playoffs.

Oh, and defense is good. The Nuggets have not done ANY D for a couple seasons.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2004
    We're hoping Iverson can create the same spark. Dumars has done such wonderful things with this team, but the passion to take it up a notch in the playoffs was not there anymore. After their last champoinship players were resting on their laurels.
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    May 2005
    Yeah, hopefully Billups will provide a spark to the team. The fans have been loyal since Anthony was drafted, but now having Billups (a Denver native and CU grad) in the Pepsi Center will add just enough I think to get into the second round of the playoffs.

Oh, and defense is good. The Nuggets have not done ANY D for a couple seasons.
    I'm sad to see Mr. Big Shot go, but I think the trade was a win-win for both teams. AI was made to play in Detroit. Just like Sheed, the fans are gonna love his blue-collar attitude. Piston fans would like Ron Artest if we could get him.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Hawks are 3 - 0...pretty sure that's a sign of the apocalypse.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    Hawks are 3 - 0...pretty sure that's a sign of the apocalypse.
    I dunno, you guys have a pretty good squad. ALmost knocked off my Celtics last year.

The Iverson trade was perfect for both teams.

Denver gets the true PG they needed, with great size, shotting ability and good defense. He also adds another player that can post.

This will give more shots to one of the best scorers in the game, Melo.

Detroit plays strong team D, so maybe AI will be hidden on defense, but that team wont look complacent anymore, especially in the playoffs and he's still a great player. I actually think he and Rasheed will work well together.

Registered
    May 2005
    25 minutes until Iverson makes his debut for

DEEEE.....TROOOOIT.......BAASKET......BAAAAALLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. 2009 North Trash Talk Thread
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 60
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 11:47 AM
  2. Replies: 228
    Last post: 06 Nov 2009, 12:28 PM
  3. Replies: 147
    Last post: 30 Dec 2008, 3:36 PM
  4. 2008 South Trash Talk Thread