Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Photo request: terminating vista in new retail development

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Photo request: terminating vista in new retail development

I'm trying to hunt down an example of a terminating vista in a newish retail development (preferably a high-quality lifestyle center or similar project) as an example for a unified development code we're authoring. I've had no luck finding such an image in the Cyburbia Gallery or Creative Commons-license images on Flickr. Of course, you'll be given credit for the photo. Thanks!
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I have sev eral in my collection but I am out of town right now. Remind me in a week and I can put some in the gallery. If you need it sooner send me an e-mail and I can try to get one from my online backup.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Dan, here's the entrance/termination of Pier Park. In the foreground in Front Beach Road which runs parallel to the Gulf. Beyond is the city's pier which is being reconstructed. Is this what you had in mind? Next time I'm out at the Beach, I'll try to get a better image.

http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/show...20741/ppuser/2
    RJ is the KING of . The One

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal View post
    I have sev eral in my collection but I am out of town right now. Remind me in a week and I can put some in the gallery. If you need it sooner send me an e-mail and I can try to get one from my online backup.
    Next week is fine. Thanks for having such an image!

Quote Originally posted by RichmondJake View post
    Is this what you had in mind? Next time I'm out at the Beach, I'll try to get a better image.
    Well, I can do something like that. I was really looking for something that might terminate in a fountain, tower, prominent entrance or building, or something else, with the photo clearly showing that it is a shopping center of some sort. Thanks!
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 1
    Last post: 12 Nov 2012, 6:48 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 15 Jan 2008, 7:04 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 17 Jul 2002, 12:47 PM
  4. NIMBY and retail development
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 18 Nov 1997, 9:34 PM