+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Graduate/PhD 2010-2011 applications and acceptance notices: Canada

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2010

Graduate/PhD 2010-2011 applications and acceptance notices: Canada

I have been accepted Fall 2010 Canadian schools

I applied for Ph.D in Urban Planning and still waiting for U of T, McGill decisions.

Let me here from you, good luck!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    I applied to Masters programs at:
    U of T
    McGill
    Waterloo
    Ryerson

I received my acceptance from Waterloo on Feb 18 but I haven't heard back from anywhere else.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Hi everyone... just found this place

I applied to Master programs at
    Waterloo
    Queens
    U of T
    York
    and McGill

So far I've been accepted to Waterloo, U of T and York.... not sure what I'm doing yet and still desperately waiting to hear from McGill!

Good Luck Everyone!!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally posted by wlewle View post
    Hi everyone... just found this place

I applied to Master programs at
    Waterloo
    Queens
    U of T
    York
    and McGill

So far I've been accepted to Waterloo, U of T and York.... not sure what I'm doing yet and still desperately waiting to hear from McGill!

Good Luck Everyone!!
    When did you hear from u of t??? My application still says "under review" and I'm wondering now if I'm on their waiting list or something since they have sent out some acceptance and rejection letters already. I really hope I get accepted!

Registered
    Mar 2010
    I got an email yesterday but when I went online to check the status mine still said under review. I'm assuming they made some decisions yesterday but did not update the website. Hopefully you will hear something soon!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally posted by wlewle View post
    I got an email yesterday but when I went online to check the status mine still said under review. I'm assuming they made some decisions yesterday but did not update the website. Hopefully you will hear something soon!
    Thanks! and congratulations!!!

So you haven't received a paper letter in the mail yet? I didn't realize they were going to send out emails because the explanation for the status of "decision made" says they will send a letter in the mail... I'm getting so antsy!

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Thanks!

Nope no letter. The email I received said that my package should arrive in the mail early this week so I'll be checking the mailbox for it everyday!

Good Luck!

Registered
    Dec 2009
    denied form waterloo...i'm guessing that's rejected

doesn't look very well, since I applied to mcgill and u of t...and then buffalo (which was sort of my fallback)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010

scholarships?

It seems I missed all the deadlines to apply for scholarships. Does anyone know if it is still possible to apply to any?

If my grad program I applied to is 2 years long, will it be possible to apply for a scholarship for the second year of study or is that not how it works?

Still waiting to hear from U of T, Ryerson and McGill...

Registered
    Feb 2010
    I have been accepted to U of T with some good funding! I have not heard from UBC yet.

Impressions of UT's program?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally posted by MayorSlay View post
    I have been accepted to U of T with some good funding! I have not heard from UBC yet.

Impressions of UT's program?
    Congrats! What kind of funding are they offering? like TA/RAships? I applied to u of t as well but I haven't heard back yet. I hear it has a lot of more theory type courses instead of more hands on so it might not appeal to everyone.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Has anyone heard from McGill or UBC urban planning Masters programs? I have heard from U of T.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by rickers View post
    Has anyone heard from McGill or UBC urban planning Masters programs? I have heard from U of T.
    There are two people who were accepted to UBC by email last Thursday, according to this thread: http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/showt...=38769&page=23

I haven't heard anything yet. Trying not to panic.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Hi, I was informed about McGill's recommendation on Feb 17 and received the formal confirmation in the mail on the 20th. They only gave me a week to accept their offer with a deposit.

Any thoughts on McGill's program? it seems to be a little more practical with a lot of emphasis on design but I don't know about their focus on environmental planning. I am interested in both fields.

I am still waiting to hear back from uoft though (planning and MLA)

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Have to accept U of T's offer by Monday.....panic has set in especially seeing offers from McGill and UBC have gone out....guess each school sends out first round and waits for acceptances before (hopefully) they send second round.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    I've been accepted to Queen's and Waterloo for a Masters in Planning.

I am still waiting for UBC, U of M, and U of C.

Mostly anticipating the word of UBC, if I get in there, I'll certainly have a difficult choice to make.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Have to accept U of T's offer by Monday.....panic has set in especially seeing offers from McGill and UBC have gone out....guess each school sends out first round and waits for acceptances before (hopefully) they send second round.
    It looks like UBC sent out acceptances by email and rejections by snail mail at the same time last year. So, I figure if I don't get either by the end of this week, it means waitlist. Which is better than nothing! Of course, this is all rampant speculation.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Congrats on the U of T acceptance! Since you have to reply by Monday, do you think I might be on a waiting list since I haven't heard from them yet?

For everyone else that got a U of T acceptance letter, do you have to respond by Monday as well???
    Last edited by macaulayculkin; 11 Mar 2010 at 12:40 PM.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    I'm surprised that I have not heard anything back from UBC yet, since their deadline was one/two months before most other schools.

U of T must have gone really quickly through their process, since it seems that almost everyone has already received their rejection/acceptance letters by snail mail already.

Registered
    Mar 2010
    Gaijin, I haven't heard from U of T yet. Another waitlist, perhaps?
    I also applied to Dalhousie and haven't heard anything. Nobody here has mentioned them yet, that I've seen.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    Looks like everyone is waiting to hear from UBC....best of luck to all.

Anyone apply to U of M? I'm not overly confident about my chances there since the entrance class is half the size of everywhere else.

That's okay, I'm feeling comfortable with Queen's and Waterloo. Both are excellent choices and anything else is just gravy.

Registered
    Feb 2010
    UT's acceptance letter had rather poor sentence structure and said 2009-2010 not 10-11. Should I be worried?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally posted by MayorSlay View post
    UT's acceptance letter had rather poor sentence structure and said 2009-2010 not 10-11. Should I be worried?
    yikes! sounds like they are really rushing through the apps! they should have at least proof read it though! not the best sign...

but congrats on the acceptance!!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2009
    Just got rejected from UofM. Their online thing told me that a decision had been made and I should contact the Admissions Office. They made me call long distance to hear i've been rejected......

Dal has sent out acceptances for students with 3.7+ GPA and once they accept/pass the rest of us will know.

Queens sent out its initial list of rejections (thankfully not on it). The director is out of town and should be returning next week. Thats when final decisions will be made im guessing.

Ryerson and York will be early April probably.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally posted by onelittlepiece View post
    Gaijin, I haven't heard from U of T yet. Another waitlist, perhaps?
    Possibly. I received a rejection letter in the mail last Friday, so you may still be in the running!

Ryerson sent out their first batch of acceptance letters this week according to a student who is currently in the program right now. I haven't received anything from them though which is driving me nuts.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 122
    Last post: 16 Oct 2014, 12:32 PM
  2. Replies: 129
    Last post: 18 Mar 2014, 10:38 PM
  3. Replies: 120
    Last post: 28 Jun 2013, 5:46 PM
  4. Replies: 231
    Last post: 31 Jan 2012, 11:28 PM
  5. Replies: 1966