Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: APA Florida Annual Conference - 2012

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001

APA Florida Annual Conference - 2012

At the risk of starting another APA Florida annual conference thread inhabited only by crickets and a few lookie-loos, is anyone planning to attend? It's September 12 through 15. I got the approval to attend this morning. It's in Naples at the Waldorf Astoria.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    At the risk of starting another APA Florida annual conference thread inhabited only by crickets and a few lookie-loos, is anyone planning to attend? It's September 12 through 15. I got the approval to attend this morning. It's in Naples at the Waldorf Astoria.
    Unfortunately, this Waldorf Astoria doesn't seem like the best place to stay. But, hey, I'll tag along. (I hate those places that won't let you take a beach towel and a cooler to "their" beach, you have to rent a chair and buy overpriced anything. I'll be looking for public beaches nearby...)

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I registered for the conference this morning and booked our flights and hotel room this evening. We're staying at the Hilton rather than the conference hotel because I have the best interest of my community's budget at heart. Lower rate and only a 15 minute walk to the conference.

ZG is doing research on rental cars tomorrow.

http://www.floridaplanning.org/conference/index.asp

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I won't be going this year.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Are they always on the west coast? The only one I went to was on San Marco Island and I want to say it was 2005..

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    Are they always on the west coast? The only one I went to was on San Marco Island and I want to say it was 2005..
    Marco Island. RJ and I were there. The year before was St Pete, also on the west coast. We were at Palm Beach (east coast) last year. My employer only ever paid for me to go to Marco and St Pete (since, hey, I got a "free" shared hotel room), but RJ has also been to Gainesville (north central), Jacksonville (northeast), and maybe Miami (southeast), and I think Tampa (west central). Amazing. I was a planner in FL for 22 years and got to go exactly 2 FL APAs, and that transplant has been to 7 or 8. I worked for cheap bosses, or ones who only sent their buddies to conferences.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The 2012 Annual Garden Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 98
    Last post: 12 Nov 2012, 6:58 PM
  2. APA Florida Annual Conference - 2011
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 05 Sep 2011, 4:41 PM
  3. Galveston TX Annual APA Conference
    Friday Afternoon Club