Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: favorite toy

Registered
    Jul 2002

favorite toy

While I was home last week for the holidays, I noticed that my nephew (2 years) was NEVER without his "blankie." He carried that thing around constantly and started freaking if he couldn't find it.
    Did you have a special toy or item that you couldn't live without when you were a kiddo?
    Or, for those of you "parental units," do your kids have something similar?

Registered
    Dec 2001
    My kid (7 mo.) has a piece of wrapping paper he just won't give up.

My son was dependent on his binkie. We have just 1 or 2 photos of him prior to age 2 without a binkie (wether in his mouth or his hand) and we have many photos of him with mutliple binks. He gave them up right before his second birthday.

My daughter spit her binkie out of her mouth while still in the hospital and never has used one. Now, at age 4 we just have to figure out how to separate her from her thumb...
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I still have the purple bunny that I carried everywhere as a small child.

My now-10-year-old snagged a stuffed Barney toy off the shelf at a store when he was about 18 mos. old and was way attached to that for a couple of years.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    I had a series of Tweeties when I was a kid, and for what it's worth, Dog #1 alternates between a rubber shoe and a rubber cat with half a tail, that he carries everywhere. Dog #2 has chosen Crackle Skunk, which has some sort of crankly stuff in it; she drags it around even though it's almost as big as she is.
    I don't dream. I plan.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Not me, but my oldest (2 yrs. on Jan. 1) love his "binky" and "blinky". His world is going to come crashing down as we are taking away the binky for his b-day. His favorite christmas present was a craftsman toy drill. He likes to drill everything from his younger brother to the dog.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    My 2 1/2 year old son is obsessed with cars. He will not go to sleep unless he has a half-dozen or so Hot Wheels in the bed with him. He also has a stuffed sled dog he takes with him and sleeps with. The stuffed dog has a twin, which we switch around when one or the other gets too stinky.

When I was a kid, I had a pearl-handled cap pistol I was particularly fond of.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    when i was a kid...it was anything Dukes of Hazard.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Aug 2001
    DEATH ROW MARV! He's also my favorite office chatchke )sp?) You throw the switch and he's electrocuted. His eyes light up, he shakes, and then he laughs and says, "Haw Haw Haw....Is THAT ALL YOU GOT?! You pansies!" And then he goes limp.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    As a kid I had a mr snuffalopogas stuffed doll. I still have him in a chest full of similar things(trophies from little league, pictures souvenirs from vacations).

My nephew has teh worst looking doll ever that he dragged everywhere. Here is the weird thing, he named it lazarus. No one knows where he got that name from.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Kylie still has her pink blankie.....which has been re-stitched at least 4 times.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Nov 2002
    My oldest girl is almost 4 and still needs her cloud blanket but at least doesn't carry it everywhere anymore. She's very independent and realizes its babyish, so she makes these resolutions like "I don't need my blanket anymore." But then when she gets sleepy she sucks her finger with the blanket and can't give it up. When she started going to pre-school a compromise was to keep the blanket in her backpack but not take it out.

My 15 month old is obssessed with Backpack from Dora. One of her first words was seriously "backpack" because of the repetitive song on the show.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    About 8 years ago my parents had my teddy bear "rebuilt" at the teddy bear hospital, and gave it to me as a Christmas gift. It brought tears to my eyes.

Our 4 yr old son rotates amongst favorite stuffed animals. Lately its a toss-up between Leopard and Puppy. For the longest time his favorite was a beluga whale his aunt bought him at an aquarium two years ago. For reasons unknown to this day, he named it Q. (And no, he's not a STNG viewer.)
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    My favorite toy was Rock em Sock em Robots. I could beat anybody--except my big brother.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I had two favorite toys:

- Star Wars action figures
    - Hot Wheels cars
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Favorite Pranks
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 28
    Last post: 15 Aug 2008, 11:20 PM
  2. What's Your Favorite Color?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 20 Feb 2006, 3:47 PM
  3. favorite mom
    Friday Afternoon Club