Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NYE Parties ???

Registered
    Dec 2001

NYE Parties ???

So what are your plans for Wednesday night?

Me ... I'm still very much up in the air as usual. I'm looking for debauchery ... gotta have debauchery on NYE.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Well I had plans to go to the Kennedy Center but Steve veto'd and now we have some gala at his brothers house...how gala can it be? Least I dont have to try to figure out how to get in that black gown after all the eating the last week.
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    Get the kids to bed.

Have a nice dinner with my wife.

Probably not see midnight. Didn't last year. Although i think BC and Colorado State play a late bowl game. Might watch that.

I have lost interest in New years eve revelry.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    No plan yet either.

Have several opportunities to get outta the house and socialize, but I've been busy every weekend in Dec with 1-3 social obligations per weekend and I'm getting pretty burned out.

Likely have dinner with the G-Friend, meet some friends for drinks and watch fireworks at midnight, then ring in the new year with my own fireworks.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    No serious plans yet, probably won't happen know until Wednesday. Only thing I do know is that I don't have a date.

Do know that it will in Saint John and that beer will be consumed. Other than that who knows?
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    No clue. I know Mrs. Tranplanner would like to head out somewhere and celebrate. Not sure what we will end up doing.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I'm pretty boring. NYE is pretty much my least favorite holiday. I don't really like FUN FUN FUN events very much.

I think I'll bring a bottle or two of wine over to the sister's house and we'll have a family party. Not too exciting, but...

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Nothing. I don't know many people here yet, and going to a party alone can be a bummer. (I did that one year, and ran into an old girlfriend who was on a date.)

I'll probably just stay at home and go to bed early.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I view NYE as amatuers night so I stay home...and have for a few years now. I have my eye on a couple of special wines in the basement that I'll be opening.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Originally posted by RichmondJake
    I view NYE as amatuers night so I stay home...
    You lifted the words right off my keyboard -- too many damn drunks on the road instead of at home where they should be.
    Mrs. Gedunker and I will enjoy some QT and some decent bubbly. I'll probably be asleep come midnight Newfoundland time...
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Aug 2001
    i've heard rumors of going to boston...

but it will probably be new year's, tech valley style
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Going to a family-friendly BBQ at a nearby springs, should see some folks from way back/high school. Should be an early evening. Hopefully get to bed early unless the morons across the street have yet another out of control party.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I'm not really into going out on NYE. I much rather stay at home away from the falling bullets, drunk drivers and general strangers whom I rather not be around when the new year comes in.

Last year we stayed in at my request, so this year, I'm letting BEK plan the night.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Hmm... I don't decide much what my family will do for NYE..I'd prefer a close family celebration, but it'll probably be just like last year... a (boring for me and my brother at least) BBQ at the house of the Grandmother of the husband of a cousin of mine... Too many people, not many things to talk about with them= boredom.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    As the kids with the in-laws, Mrs Rem and I are planning to put the boat on the water, have a quiet drift around fishing, then watch the fireworks (there are several fireworks venues around the lake). You avoid most of the drunks on the water.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by RichmondJake
    I view NYE as amatuers night so I stay home...and have for a few years now.
    EXACTLY!

Two years ago was my first stay at home N/Y/E. But I was going through the worst part of my separation/divorce and had a minor car accident in the morning so I was in NO mood to par-tay.

Last year I spent a quiet night in with a new S.O. and just avoided the madatory socialization that went with the par-tay.

This year we're travelling to par-tay with some college friends of mine that just bought a 5 bedroom house with a kick-arse wet bar (all original circa 1950-something). A house that size automatically nominates them to host EVERY N/Y/E as long as they live there.

I will never again - I swear - do another N/Y/E or St. Pat's day. And those that have seen me at a Laefest or Alefest know that thats a stretch for me.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Planderella
    Last year we stayed in at my request, so this year, I'm letting BEK plan the night.
    I see *someone* passed her marraige counseling classes.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Don't know yet.....will probably hang with Planner Groupie and play it by ear.....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Bottle of grain alcohol and a 6 ft cord are my plans

Actually not sure yet.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Dec 2001
    New Years Day is pretty much the party day for me, and it look slike this year is shaping up to be the same. Not much on NYE, and then the Mummers on NYD ... Go Froggy Carr !!!

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    dinner at home... and good wine. Having broiled scallops teriyaki.. some assorted pot stickers and eating with chopsticks.....woo-hoo.....
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Looks like it will be a romantic dinner for two tonight - I think we'll head over to my brother's later in the evening and usher in the new year with him and his wife.

New Year's Day will be the final push on the kitchen...hopefully have pics to post on Monday.

Registered
    Jun 2003
    I think we've got a pretty mellow evening planned. Going to a freinds new house for drink and good times. We MAY go out, not sure yet(I am in kind of a partyish mood right now). Jan 1 though is reserved for the Speed channel and an all day recap of the '03 WRC series! That'll be fun!
    You're more boring than you know.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Rem's already partying.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by Jeff
    Rem's already partying.
    And your not right now? Should have brought some hooch to work
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. House parties
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 27 Apr 2012, 8:25 AM
  2. Superbowl parties
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 07 Feb 2010, 6:44 AM