Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Slackadaisical

Registered
    Aug 2001

Slackadaisical

I ain't gettin jack-squat done today! How about you?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    i donated some blood...does that count?
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Nothing here either. Elected officials should have given us the day off rather than wasting the utilities to heat and light the building.
    Annoyingly insensitive

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    It's been tough to work much this week at all. Managed to get all my outstanding filing done, and did most of the stuff my boss left for me to do over the break.

There are maybe 4 other people on the floor today, and they're all at the other end of the hall. It's too "quiet" to work...I need some background noise/activity. Mrs. Tranplanner came downtown for lunch today so I took a bit of a longer break to do some shopping with her.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Well, I volunteered to do the counter duty for the ONLY other planner in the office today-so he can more easily prepare a presentation for our boss (who is on vacation today ).

If he gets it done. I'm bailing at noon.

The problem: my own slackerness but, more importatnly, I have two big projects that have been kicked back to the consultants for revisions. And, said consultants are on vacation.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Yeah....been a tough day to get anything done.....plus it's the first day of officially being divorced....so I'm just not in the mood for anything today.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I was cursing the fact that I had to come in this morning when driving in on the ice. There were 25 accidents on the stretch of highway I took and this was only under mild flurries.

I think I'm ready for a warmer climate. At least the heat doesn't make people swerve off the road and die.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Today is Elmo's only day off... and unfortunately, it's my first day back at work. I just went through my e-mails from my two weeks off, and I had *no* voicemails. It's totally weird.

It's so dead here that I'm leaving at noon. Which is now... yay! It's good to be the boss.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Monday is gonna be crazy. Ugh.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    took the day off.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I've gotten some things done, but I much rather be at home. I'm the only billable person in the office today and I doubt if the company is making any money off of me because of it. I'm outta here at 3:30 at the latest.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Complete whirlwind today. New Administration's first day on the job and a swarm of new faces (some familiar old ones, too!) and everybody looking for their offices, supplies, etc., etc., etc.

The former administration locked down several computers and will not return calls for passwords. IT can't by-pass 'em. Back east we'd call people that do this "schmucks".

Glad tomorrow's Saturday.
    Batter up!

Registered
    Mar 2003

Monday/Friday's are the worst!!!

I got some stuff done this morning but this afternoon is killing me.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Man is it slow here today. There are only three people from my division here, so nothing is happening. I think I'll be heading out around 3:30.

After only working 2 half days this week It was rough getting out of bed and dragging myself downtown to the office this morning. Frankly, if I didn't need the days later on, I considered not coming in at all. Oh, to be able to sleep in on a gloomy, rainy day like today.

It is totally dead, so I am cleaning up, filing, etc, hoping to start the new year more organized.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Oct 2003
    OMG is it boring here today. Most people took today off. I have actually been doing two things I rarely do at work, shopping ebay and clearing off my desk.

Registered
    Apr 2003

Re: Monday/Friday's are the worst!!!

Originally posted by Queen B
    I got some stuff done this morning but this afternoon is killing me.
    Oh I hear that... I keep looking at the clock waiting for 5 pm to hit. I have no motivation to do anything today. Maybe I will clean my desk...
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." - George Washington

Registered
    Aug 2001
    i have now fully annexed the other side of the office area as my own since we lost our grant-funded staffer...

...my empire grows...
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I was bustin my butt to get packets out for Monday's meeting....people out sick. Got them out but it was touch and go about 4:30 though
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Aug 2001
    My phone did not ring once. Clients were off. Both supervisors were off. I spent the entire day working on a proposal for a Downtown Plan, and doing some nitty-gritty roll up the sleeves neighborhood planning for one client. I got a ton of stuff done.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Chet
    My phone did not ring once. Clients were off. Both supervisors were off. I spent the entire day working on a proposal for a Downtown Plan, and doing some nitty-gritty roll up the sleeves neighborhood planning for one client. I got a ton of stuff done.
    Is it a good proposal?

I put in a full day today writing text and editing images for an update of our website.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by Cardinal
    Is it a good proposal?
    You'll have to tell me! Your RFP said "short" but your scope requires a bit of detail IMO.

+ Reply to thread