Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The House Game!

Registered
    Jul 1998

Re: Giff's House

El Guapo wrote:
    Giff Baby,
    I see you finished the guest bedroom!
    That's the new bathroom. If you look close you can see the hole in the floor.

Registered
    Oct 2001

No, this is El Guapo's RV

Lookin' for love in all the wrong places!

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    That a BTR? Looks a little worse for wear...

Registered
    Oct 2001

Yep, that there is commie steel.

I blew up about 2-300 similar vehicles and bunches of ammo and guns during my brief camping trip back in 91. This one went away about 15 minutes after the photo. Look at the pile of junk in front of it. It shames me because people are paying top dollar for that stuff now days at guns shows. Well, not Sara Brady.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I can see destroying the ammo, etc. and making the vehicles inoperative - but blowing them up? Who picks up all the pieces afterwards?

See Rustbelt's EarthDay thread...

Registered
    Oct 2001

I though about that.

I can see destroying the ammo, etc. and making the vehicles inoperative - but blowing them up? Who picks up all the pieces afterwards?

See Rustbelt's Earth Day thread...
    Earth Day - whoops: I have to admit when we were in Kuwait we were very careful about making sure things were tidy after a shot. We felt kindly towards the people. They had been through so much.

However, in Iraq it was every GI's goal to leave the place as screwed up as possible. We saw what they did to Kuwait and I guess we felt a little payback was necessary. We trashed the occupied area on purpose. If it could be used militarily we not only destroyed it - we scattered it about the desert so the clean up would be harder. We left civilan stuff alone.

So yes, I was involved in making quite a very large environmental mess. But I would caution you that I didn't set an entire country on fire like my man Sadam did. On the plus side I destroyed things that were designed to kill people and kept a dictator from using them again. As Martha Stewart would say - That is a good thing. Tons of ammo and about one armored division will never be used on men, women or children because of my and my 12 buddy’s actions. So I don't feel all that bad. Heck I get warm fuzzies every now and then just thinking about it.

And blowing things up is the quick and sure way to stop them from working ever again. It takes about $12 to destroy a $200,000 T72 Tank. It wasn’t like we could just take the keys and they would have to scrap the tanks.

In answer to your question - the loser picks up the pieces.

PS: Yes I wish it could have been done in a more earth friendly manner. Such is war.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

Fair Enough

Sounds like you had a fun trip at any rate.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Hey, Texasplanner ... this here would be called fine livin' in El Paso.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    bturk ... you've died, and gone to HELL! Here's your next abode, for all eternity!

Registered
    Aug 2001

I must be blind...

Dan Tasman wrote:
    bturk ... you've died, and gone to HELL! Here's your next abode, for all eternity!
    What is that a photo of? I'm sooooo lost on this first day back to the office....

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: I must be blind...

bturk wrote:
    What is that a photo of? I'm sooooo lost on this first day back to the office....
    Somewhere outside Denver. Highlands Ranch, central/south Aurora, Westminster, Thornton, Broomfield, Arvada ... they're all the same.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 32
    Last post: 19 Jul 2012, 5:32 PM
  2. Game 7
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 86
    Last post: 22 Oct 2004, 3:31 PM
  3. Another new game...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0