Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: oxymoron (with emphasis on the moron)

Registered
    Jul 2002

oxymoron (with emphasis on the moron)

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The scariest part of the article is that it quotes anonymous geeks from an internet message board. Oh wait...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2003
    Originally posted by nerudite
    The scariest part of the article is that it quotes anonymous geeks from an internet message board. Oh wait...
    Next thing you know APA articles will be quoting an internet board called Cyburbia. Oh wait....

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Yeah, you know that someone named "Pecanwombat" is a true voice of morality

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Altering a qoute from the article which then might describe several of us....

"Here in Cyburbia, when we work, we are serious and sane. When we are not working however, we do become a little crazy at times liking to joke, laugh, and have a good time. "

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    Stupidity never stops to amaze me....

"hey! lets get married!"
    "sure, ok"

10 seconds later

"you know what?, I don't want to be married with you"
    "ok, let's get anulled"

Brittney Spears sure is a great role model for all teen girls out there... NOT!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    ugh. regarding britney - three words: desperate publicity ploy

for the writers of that article - jesus help you. quoting off an aol chat room? i'd expect that more from a freshman communications major. sigh.

Registered
    Jul 2002

wtf

Numerous times in my wild and wooly times I've woken up and checked the obits for my name and checked my car for damage. By getting married? NFW. I think my self preservation instincts would have kicked in and forced me to puke of passout or something.

Registered
    Aug 2001

Re: wtf

Originally posted by Tom R
    By getting married? NFW. I think my self preservation instincts would have kicked in and forced me to puke of passout or something.
    No self-preservation instincts for me! Fortunately, the minister didn't have the credentials for it to be legit, but that's another story.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I added Ms. Spears long ago to my growing list of celebrities I couldn't care less about.

May she spontaneously combust one day with no press coverage whatsoever.
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Yes, I believe totally in the wisdom of Pecanwombat, who thinks you can compost CD's. Hail this anonymous person's IQ! <I roll my eyes>

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2003
    Originally posted by RichmondJake
    For those really interested....

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.html
    "Plaintiff Spears prays for a Judgement as follows:" On her knees again......

Registered
    Jun 2003
    [Btittney]Ooops I did it ........[/Brittney]

Why, why didn't they get counselling - think of the children(TM)

Originally posted by Michele Zone
    Yes, I believe totally in the wisdom of Pecanwombat, who thinks you can compost CD's. Hail this anonymous person's IQ! <I roll my eyes>
    Ouch - sadly this person could be an Australian - use of native species (wombat) in name. Jason could actually be a wombat - it is used a lot in Australia as a nickname because a wombat eats roots* and leaves.

* root has a special meaning in Australia (and NZ) - has to do with procreation.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Rem

Ouch - sadly this person could be an Australian - use of native species (wombat) in name. Jason could actually be a wombat - it is used a lot in Australia as a nickname because a wombat eats roots* and leaves.

* root has a special meaning in Australia (and NZ) - has to do with procreation. [/B]
    oh, good -- I am not *just* some sex-obsessed psycho: without knowing most of that (we covered "rooting" once before, for my edification), I kind of figured that any animal whose name starts with "womb" and is used as part of an online nickname had to have some kind of sexual connotation...

As for the "britney" stuff, I think it is really hard to be famous at a young age and have to grow up in the limelight. I had the privilege of making a fool of myself anonymously, thank god!!! I bet most folks here have done things that would look pretty stoopid if the paparazzi were following you around every second of the day and reporting on your every fart.

I am no "fan" of hers, I just don't pay much attention to the 'teenaged antics' that people seem to think she should know better about just because she is a FAMOUS teenager (and I don't know her actual age because I don't pay much attention to the girl -- if you want to give me a precise age, that is fine but let it be hereby known that I think the sentiment stands even if she is 20 or 21 or the ripe old age of 22).

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Britney (god save us from all the cute trendy slightly-misspelled monikers to show individuality) will probably end up like Michael Jackson one day. A slightly-remembered pop star forging fake marriages (Lisa Marie, hello??) to gain attention. Whoops, she's already there...

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    Britney (god save us from all the cute trendy slightly-misspelled monikers to show individuality)
    [just for fun] Are you talking about ME?!! I will have you know that the variant spelling of Michele has nothing to do with showing individuality. All it shows is that my daddy was a high school drop out and caint spell.[/just for fun]

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Originally posted by Michele Zone
    [just for fun] Are you talking about ME?!! I will have you know that the variant spelling of Michele has nothing to do with showing individuality. All it shows is that my daddy was a high school drop out and caint spell.[/just for fun]
    Haha, no. I am actually accustomed to fellow Cybs referring to me as Godess, with one "d"...

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I am feverish so I will stupidly continue with this nonsense:

[more playful sarcasm] Well, maybe it is a Freudian slip that tells you their real opinion of you: they must think you are misspelling "goad" as "gode".[/more playful sarcasm]

What is really ironic (about teasing you about the distinctive spelling of my name) is that I go by Michele these days because it is LESS distinctive than my first name, which a lot of people have trouble spelling or pronouncing. I decided to go by Michele (and NOT hassle people when they spell it wrong) as I began dealing more with the public. I felt it would be easier.

It is also easier to use Michele when speaking with folks whose first language is not English. My German relatives find my first name unpronounceable and alien-sounding and they alter it -- Spanish speaking people do the exact same thing, in the same way. I went by Michele when I took French because there is no French equivalent for my first name. The only language I have studied that I found had a version of my first name was Greek -- imagine that! (it comes from a Greek root word, lol)

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Originally posted by BKM
    Yeah, you know that someone named "Pecanwombat" is a true voice of morality
    what r u talking about?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Originally posted by pecanwombat
    what r u talking about?
    hehe...yes! would the real Pecanwombat please stand-up.
    "A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." --Steve Martin

Registered
    Jul 2003
    what r u talking about?
    Well, we have apparently been talking about you "behind your back", having stupidly forgotten that this conversation is being broadcast to the entire Internet World. Now that we can talk about you to your face, all of Cyburbia (or at least me) is dying to know:
    1) Are you Australian?
    2) Is there any sexual connotation to your online name?
    3) Do you plan on vandalizing my home for calling into question your IQ?

Registered
    Jan 2004
    britney spears reclassified herself as worthless - I hope her fans boycott her music and use her CDs for compost

jessica simpson is more my type anyway. what about u?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    britney spears reclassified herself as worthless - I hope her fans boycott her music and use her CDs for compost

jessica simpson is more my type anyway. what about u?
    Jessica Simpson? I don't remember her -- what is her relationship to Bart Simpson?

Seriously, I am only vaguely aware of the name Jessica Simpson. I don't pay much attention to the music world/ pop culture these days.

But if you are going to keep posting, I think forum policy is that you Officially Introduce yourself. (But I don't work here, so what would I know?)

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Why mixed income emphasis?
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 03 Apr 2005, 12:44 PM
  2. Oxymoron: Environmental Cruise Ship
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 03 Aug 2004, 8:16 AM
  3. Moron of the week