8 0.18%
  • Hook up with sexy single Florida planners

4,325 99.75%
Closed thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Plannergirl's Love Life

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Ok lets see i drive 30 miles per day round trip to work but other than that im a walker or use the Metro. i HATE to be in the car though i love my little Saturn like it was a member of the family. If any long drives are to be made boyfriend does the driving in HIS car not mine

PG
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Yeah, as I said before, I am an obsessive walker. The problem is, with at least two (usually three) walks per day with my dogs (townhouse-so no large yard for their exercise or their "business" ) I get really bored with walking around the relatively small part of my town that doesn't consist of soundwalls, commercial strips, and identical stucco ranch houses. So, I drive a lot to San Francisco, Berkeley, Marin Highlands, etc. And, because I usually take a dog or two, I always drive .

At least Vacaville is centrally located to a lot of interesting places and open space.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    PlannerGirl wrote:
    If any long drives are to be made boyfriend does the driving in HIS car not mine
    So...does this mean you two are back together again? (sorry, of topic I know, but it's a slow day up here today).

Registered
    Mar 2002
    No we made the final big split last night. God this sucks. Cant make the rent in DC on my planners pay. May be time to head to the dark side of the force. Hey i cant be had but i can be bought!

PG
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    That sucks. I won't make any kitten-related comments though - I'll leave that to El Guapo.

Maybe you can get a roomie!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    lol i dont kill cats, i leave that to my dogs
    Yha find better job then roomie. God i hate roomates! *and dating*

PG whos feeling very alone in a huge ass city right now

Registered
    Oct 2001

No kitten comments here.

PG,
    Better a few months alone than a relationship that is not working. I wish you the best and hope you find your soulmate sooner rather than later.

There are plenty of jobs and low rental rates out here in the Midwest. Write if those of us in the Midwestern contengent can be of some assistance.

EG
    el Guapo is a former 20 year +/- urban planner (just like you) who thought becoming an attorney was a good life choice.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Thanks

i love DC so ill hang in there. maybe find some hole in Dupont and live on the wilder side. who knows.

Yes when you know the ship is sinking its time to bail, im not going down with it. too many cute fish in the sea for this red head.

PG

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I agree with Guap - I'd rather be alone than stuck in a crappy relationship. But yes, it really does suck to be single in the big city.

I'm sure you'll do just fine - you don't sound like the sort to sit around and mope. I'm sure there's a senator or congressman out there for you.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Registered
    Mar 2002
    LOL

thats what EVERYONE says! Id only date them if the were democrats lol

Yes i dont sit home long, no grass grow'n under these feet.

now its just what to do with the wedding gifts we got early, i hate to send em back!

D

Thanks for all the support guys

Registered
    Oct 2001

You think it sucks being single in the city?

Try being a single male in Western Kansas with a masters, his own teeth, own hair, no tattoos and a government job. I didnít farm, I drove an import, and I read books. My goal was to find a woman with a high teeth-to-tattoo ratio. Fish out of water doesnít begin to describe it. The local ladies wanted cowboys whoís Daddies owned lots of farm ground. The single women of intellectual substance in Western Kansas could be counted on one hand. I tell you there must have been a 3000 meter kitten free zone surrounding me at all times. The city is a rich hunting ground in comparison. Hell, donít they have a show on HBO all about single women having fun in Gomorrah?
    el Guapo is a former 20 year +/- urban planner (just like you) who thought becoming an attorney was a good life choice.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I had largely the same experience as you El Guapo when I worked up north a few years back. But I find that unless you have a good network of friends, the big city can be more intimidating to go out and have fun in if you are alone. At least the scenery in the big city is more enjoyable!

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I agree with Tranplanner on this. DC is overwhelming in its size and everyone is so wraped up in their own lives they dont notice you. Im not fearful to make the first move but that scares the guys away, esp when they realize you have brains to back up the looks. Kiss of death.

Everyone here is some political this or that with their panties in a wad over something. Then there is the attys...

Anyway i did better "hunting" in smaller towns like Greensboro where i used to live. DC is impersonal at best.

D

Registered
    Oct 2001

Isn't Marion free?

The old lady dumped him, and he is a democrat. Where should I send the wedding present?

You know I'm joking - please say it wasn't too mean?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Lol that was mean but funny

thats ok ill find that pic of me in PVC and post it to torment you.

giggles

Do ALL planners have a twisted mind for humor?

D

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    You've got to change the poll though El Guapo - maybe something about how long will it take for PlannerGirl to get hooked up again? Or maybe how long it will take for kittens to be declared an endangered species in the DC area...

PlannerGirl in PVC - I think Dan's going to have a heart attack (I almost said stroke but I thought that could be taken in a bad way) when he hears this...

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Yes. we do all have twisted minds, it is a survival mechanism that allows us to withstand the hazards of the occupation (dealing with stuffy and nearsighted officials and angry and crazy members of the public) so that we may live to pass on our genes.

by the way.... we now have two planners among us wookin' po nub as buckwheat would sing. if only Fl and DC weren't so far apart.

Registered
    Oct 2001

I can't make the vote thing work

Sorry,
    I canít get the poll to reset so that you can vote again. But you can post your choice. Have you noticed that when a woman gets more than two cats she is announcing her desire to remain celibate?

Dan, a little help here with the voting thing?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    KMateja - I think we'd find more than two....

Yup, recently split up myself. I've gotta echo El Guapo's comments. As an educated, travelled, open-minded (I'm trying not to sound too liberal - I'm not, really) person in a small town, there isn't too much in the way of compatible mates. One reason I make the 100 mile round-trip to Madison so often. Being alone in the big city sucks. Being alone in a small town sucks. Still, I've got to say its better than being in a bad relationship.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Hmmm...maybe Dan should start a Cyburbia Personals Section.

SWM, 29, enjoys long walks through new urbanist developments, candlelight public meetings, and travel involving critiques of surrounding built environment. Seeks SF (race/age unimportant) for meaningful relationship and bondage games.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Moderator Hat On

Tranplanner: That is what the kiosk is for. Moderator Hat Off.

Let the spring rut begin. I wonder if there will be a glut of births nine months after Chicago APA?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    oh my mother of god im laughing my ass off!

i never thought my love life or lack of sex life would be such a topic!

i dont have cats btw i have dogs and they love to eat little kitties for b-fast!

give me a couple more weeks and ill eat board members for b-fast

ok for a lark here's mine
    SWF 28 living in the DC metro area, seeks geeky other for heated zoning debates at the dinner table and latex sheets. Must have desire to take odd vacations and photograph buildings for fun.

no kitties allowed

Registered
    Oct 2001

Mine

MWM (38) Height in proprtion to weight (If I was 8'2") who needs another woman like Dan needs a Dale Earnhard Signature Series Bassboat. Looking for bandwidth, better CPU speed, more memory, peace and quiet, and a nice supply of Volvo parts, and plenty of ammo. Wiling to travel for car parts and good camping sites. Send photo of water pump for B18 engine.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

A Clarification

What have I started?

I should point out (before all the women start stampeding to reply to me) that my "personal ad" was only a joke and not reflectlive of my actual status. Tranplanner is in fact happily engaged to be married this summer.

Okay dear, you can stop squeezing now!

Registered
    Oct 2001

I'm sorry, I just can't resist.

That BTurk has quite a grip, Eh Tranplanner?

Edited: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Closed thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 33
    Last post: 04 Dec 2015, 10:03 AM
  2. Replies: 12
    Last post: 20 Feb 2013, 4:39 PM
  3. For the love of a dog
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 05 Feb 2013, 1:34 AM
  4. Replies: 15