Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Canada's Plan

Registered
    Jul 2003

Canada's Plan

This is only the start of Canada's plan to take over the USA.
    Evil Plan

Registered
    Jun 2003
    Coincidence - if an infected cow ever turned up in Australia we'd say it was born in New Zealand.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    My question is, why did any meat farmer let this cow get to be 6 years old before it was slaughtered? They don't normally live that long, do they?

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    My question is, why did any meat farmer let this cow get to be 6 years old before it was slaughtered? They don't normally live that long, do they?
    It was a surplus dairy cow. I don't think I'll be eating beef in the US again if 6 year old holsteins (bred for milkin' not eatin') are considered edible.

One other thing to add, the cow actually would have had dual citizenship. Tthe semen used to impregnate the mother was American. There is also a good chance the feed the cow ate would have come from the States.
    Last edited by donk; 07 Jan 2004 at 9:18 AM.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    -Not if they're on my plate And to think I cooked up some ground beef to make tacos last night even after that lady contracted Mad (Insane) Cow Disease.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/01/06...tim/index.html
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Aug 2001
    With all of the questionalble farming practices employed in the US, I have begun to seriously look at trying to eat more organic foods. This weekend I made a trip to the Whole Foods in Madison and experienced the sticker shock. Seven bucks for a gallon of organic milk? I can still find RGBH-free milk at one of the other grocery stores. Still, the tilapia breaded with herbs, and the pork chop with granny smith apple stuffing were delicious. I wonder if the prices will come down if demand increases, and more people begin producing organic foods.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Well, if this is Canada's Evil Plan it's a pretty stupid one seeing as there is supposed to be a free market in place for cattle in N. America.

Originally posted by Cardinal
    With all of the questionalble farming practices employed in the US, I have begun to seriously look at trying to eat more organic foods. [snip] I wonder if the prices will come down if demand increases, and more people begin producing organic foods.
    Me too - I think we've gone over "healthy" eating trends in a couple of other threads. My wife and I have definitely tried to increase our intake of organic foods - it helps that our local supermarket has increased their line of organic products. I too am hoping that increased demand will lower prices, but am lucky enough to be able to afford to purchase a fair number of "premium" products.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Originally posted by Cardinal
    With all of the questionalble farming practices employed in the US, I have begun to seriously look at trying to eat more organic foods.
    Just a note, you may not have to eat organic to get the health and safety benefits of organic products. Kosher and Halal food may be suitable. It tends to be processed less with a higher degree of cleanliness and fewer additives then "normal" food.

One caution, the meat tastes a bit different, I can't explain it but it does.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Celebrating Canada's Heritage #2
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Feb 2005, 8:29 AM
  2. Celebrating Canada's Heritage #1
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 24
    Last post: 07 Feb 2005, 11:44 AM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last post: 20 Jan 2005, 1:08 AM