Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cement Bagging Plant

Registered
    Dec 2003

Cement Bagging Plant

I have come across a request from a developer for putting up a cement bagging plant in a rural area near the city. The site is on the banks of a river and the cement is to be transported by waterways. There is no special regulations in place for the area and the present landuse is agro-industrial. Any inputs.

Registered
    Dec 2001

pollution

maybe particulate pollution control so that downwind areas don't get dusted with limestone. I'd inquire with the developer to see if they have measures for this.

that's about all I can think of outside of normal checks.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    If the area is already used to agro-industrial (feed mills?) I would doubt that a cement bagging plant would be that different in terms of nuisance(dust) or traffic. I would caution you that cement / lime processing plants are loud, noisy and place a burden on electrical and natural gas (where available) services.

If you can bind the developer to terms and conditions, maybe make sure to put something to deal with dust collection and traffic.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Dec 2003
    The developer has state-of-the-art dust free plant and he is only packaging the cement and not manufacturing. He has also made provisions for electrical backup. Windwardside is vacant and Nebourhood Development Council shall take care of later development.

But what my apprehension is, on leeward side at a distance of about 500' down the road, a small hospital is proposed. Dose it sound alarming?

Registered
    Sep 2001
    I say this in jest, but it has to be said (and those that know where I live will know why)

Welcome to planning in the third world.

We have similar situations locally.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 07 Jun 2013, 1:36 PM
  2. Texas Fertilizer Plant Explosion
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 29
    Last post: 04 May 2013, 10:02 PM
  3. Plant identification
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 29
    Last post: 16 Jun 2011, 6:49 PM