Urban planning community

Poll results: Do planners know about hockey?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Who is this Lord Stanley and his cup.

6 22.22%
  • Maybe I know what is off-sides is.

4 14.81%
  • I know who The Great One is.

7 25.93%
  • Only the Original Six are important.

10 37.04%
+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: hockey

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Well having just moved to DC from NC I think hocky fits in just fine

as i said before, men beating the snot out of each other with sticks, sounds like a version of wrestling to me.

shrugs

danie
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    PlannerGirl: Maybe if the players all wore PVC we could convince you of hockey's merits?

Dan - in all fairness, Winnipeg should get the Coyotes, seeing as that's where they are originally from...

Registered
    Mar 2002
    *perk*

Men in PVC? Put em in latex and im there!

giggles it was my birthday this weekend and got new Latex dress

*notes thats one less kitty in orlando*
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Jan 2002

Rinks

Until I get my degree in a year or so, I'm working for my city's recreation dept. at the municipal ice rink. Yes, I am a zamboni driver, and yes, it is enjoyable until you crash into the boards or run over a puck.

From what I hear, the city pumps a lot of money into the facility, and makes a killing off of selling the ice. Too bad the profits from the rink go to cover the losses of the city's pools!

If I could find them, I 'll post my pictures of the ice making and painting the ice. Few people know how much work goes into making a few inches of ice!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: Rinks

Virtue City wrote:
    Until I get my degree in a year or so, I'm working for my city's recreation dept. at the municipal ice rink. Yes, I am a zamboni driver, and yes, it is enjoyable until you crash into the boards or run over a puck.
    We have a winner!

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Do things we used to do count? If so how about this one. I used to operate a huge end loader, powered by a V-12 detroit diesel engine. The bucket held 110 bushels of corn. I loaded 1,000,000 bushels on to trains that summer. Is that rugged enough?

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997

Re: Rinks

Virtue City wrote:
    Yes, I am a zamboni driver, and yes, it is enjoyable until you crash into the boards or run over a puck.
    You are a GOD!

I'm surprised they gave you such a hard time coming into Canada - maybe they thought you were going to steal our ice-making secrets...

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    giff57 wrote:
    Do things we used to do count? If so how about this one. I used to operate a huge end loader, powered by a V-12 detroit diesel engine. The bucket held 110 bushels of corn. I loaded 1,000,000 bushels on to trains that summer. Is that rugged enough?
    Too late. Try next week.

:p

Registered
    Oct 2001

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

That avatar and sig line just DON'T match...

How about, "Private Pyle! Did you know that growth for no g** d****ed good reason is the philosophy of a cancer cell! No?! I thought not you commie sack of ****!"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Re: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

[slight hijack]

Mastiff wrote:
    That avatar and sig line just DON'T match...

How about, "Private Pyle! Did you know that growth for no g** d****ed good reason is the philosophy of a cancer cell! No?! I thought not you commie sack of ****!"
    I ask the questions around here, Private! Do you think you're smart? Do you think you're funny?

(Hey, it's just an experiment. I"ll probably change it to something else tonight.)

Registered
    Oct 2001

Re: Re: Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan...

Dan Tasman wrote:

I ask the questions around here, Private! Do you think you're smart? Do you think you're funny?
    Sir, no sir! The private feels that if he reverses himself the Cyburbia Administrator will become even more angry with him!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Oct 2001

Sorry I'm late on this one.

Yes Giff, anything that has to do with a V12 engine is quite rugged, even if it involves "corn." We all know what that is code for, eh?. Wink wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean!

Registered
    Jul 1998

Re: Sorry I'm late on this one.

El Guapo wrote:
    Yes Giff, anything that has to do with a V12 engine is quite rugged, even if it involves "corn." We all know what that is code for, eh?. Wink wink, nudge, nudge, know what I mean, know what I mean!
    Geez, here in Iowa, just about everything involves corn in one way or another. You know your machine is rugged when there are warning stickers advising wearing "hearing protection devices required"

Registered
    Dec 2001

Roy Roy Roy

God, I LOVED it when he tried to showboat and didin't even have the puck.. I loved it even more when he got scored on, what was it... 3 times in the first few minutes of the game?
    My men here just moved up to "D" league, I'm so excited for them! : )
    hockey, hockey, hockey!!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Do/Did You Play Hockey?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 35
    Last post: 15 Jul 2008, 9:35 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last post: 09 Nov 2005, 7:30 PM
  3. Hockey
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 36