Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Score one for the lesbains!

Registered
    Aug 2001

Registered
    Aug 2001
    many of its owners see the wagon version as a rugged alternative to a sport utility
    'nuff said
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Doesn't surprise me. But can avg. fuel economy really have gotten that worse? In earlie times, the average family had a station wagon about as long as a city block. The family truckster also had a big honkin v-8 because the engine made dad more secure despite the fact thathe was driving a station wagon.

Now the family in question has an suv that does not necessarily have v-8 big enough to be measured in cubic inches. (Many people prefer the "fillet-o-fish" cute-sized suv to the big mac ginormous size) Calling this vehicle make dad fell better because now he does not have to drive a minivan.

Seems to me like this should be an even trade. Even so, this is unacceptable. [all-powerfulmightyone]I hereby decree that everyone must drive compact sedans from the late 80's. If you have a boat, you can hitch two together, like horses.[/all-powerfulmighyone]
    Off to Zanzibar--To meet the Zanzibarbarians!

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    I think that is wrong... the subaru is definately a wagon. BTW.... I know I don't know any lesbians that own subarus outback wagons... but several gay men that do... All the lesbians I know drive toyotas and hondas.
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by tsc
    I think that is wrong... the subaru is definately a wagon. BTW.... I know I don't know any lesbians that own subarus outback wagons... but several gay men that do... All the lesbians I know drive toyotas and hondas.
    I don't know.... according to Click & Clack these are the top ten gay chick cars .

Registered
    Oct 2001

Rugged Women for a Rugged Alternative Lifestyle

Quote Originally posted by tsc

Our local "Friends of Dorothy" are NASCAR Lesbians (TM). Them's a whole different bunch. They wear silk Stevie Nick concert jackets, smoke Pal Mals, drink Bud in the can, and drive Chevy pick-em-ups or Ta'hoos if they made it big. A lone lipstick would never survive in this rugged environment without a "patron."

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by biscuit
    I don't know.... according to Click & Clack these are the top ten gay chick cars .
    ...and they say the Volkswagon Jetta is the favorite gay car. Subarus don't even make the list.

...I must be trying to attract a lesbian.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal
    ...I must be trying to attract a lesbian.
    or you are a lesbian, stuck in a man's body
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by el Guapo
    Our local "Friends of Dorothy" are NASCAR Lesbians (TM).
    At the risk of generalizing and/or stereotyping ...

Not quite NASCAR 'round here. I've noticed quite a few short, stocky, grey-haied, bookish female-female couples around here. You see 'em in the stores -- especially Trader Joe's, Wild Oats and the mega-bookstores -- and UU churches, and they never seem to smile or otherwise show emotion. Volvos are the preferred vehicle. Preferred radio is NPR. The best way to describe it is "middle class urban butch."

My old neighborhood in Denver was about as close to ground zero for that city's lesbian community as you could get. Younger, more athletic, and slightly more "lipstick," although quite outdoorsy, crunchy and/or new-agey. Think about the cute girl-next-door with no makeup, two Golden Retrievers or SPCA-issue part-Lab/Golden mutts, and a Subaru Outback with a car stereo tuned to KBCO (an acoustic rock station from Boulder). They mostly seem "mellow," and many seem to talk with the same ironic inflection as Ellen Degeneres; it's almost the lesbian conterpart of the stereotypical gay male sibilant inflection. Same thing in Las Cruces, although I knew some cool hardcore butchies there.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. What is your Cyburbian Score?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 34
    Last post: 17 Dec 2012, 10:59 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last post: 03 Jan 2012, 7:42 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 24 Nov 2010, 12:50 PM
  4. Walk Score
    Friday Afternoon Club