Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: AICP Certification...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001

AICP Certification...

I am a grad student graduating this May, I've been working in the profession close to four years. I would like to become a certified planner a.s.a.p. Just wanted to get input from those who have completed the exam. Should I wait, should I take a study course, is their information online I can obtain that will help me, etc... etc... etc... Any comments will be appreciated, as I am just starting to look into it...

Thanks

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Vlaude
    I am a grad student graduating this May, I've been working in the profession close to four years. I would like to become a certified planner a.s.a.p. Just wanted to get input from those who have completed the exam. Should I wait, should I take a study course, is their information online I can obtain that will help me, etc... etc... etc... Any comments will be appreciated, as I am just starting to look into it...

Thanks
    There have been many discussion on the merits of AICP. You may want to try searching the forums for other threads. There are quite a few reasons AICP and the APA are not too popular here.

If you wanted it ASAP you just missed the application deadline of Jan 8th, but now they are giving it twice a year. The study materials you want may depend on your background and how you prefer to study. I recall some people here mentioning not studying at all and passing the first time. I am planning on taking the exam with some written study material prep, but I am really only taking the exam because gov'ts and private firms here prefer it...and it adds to salary at my present position.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Verification of AICP certification
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 26 Nov 2013, 3:32 PM
  2. AICP specialty certification
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 25 Apr 2012, 11:38 PM
  3. Alternatives to APA/AICP certification
    Replies: 8
    Last post: 02 Mar 2010, 6:15 PM
  4. Any options besides AICP certification?
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 27 Jun 2008, 3:49 PM
  5. Replies: 14
    Last post: 02 Jan 2008, 5:21 PM