Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: urban planning

urban planning

I am currently working on a project for redeveloping and rebuilding of an old cemetary, so I would need any recent article, web site etc on the subject
    also, anybody with fresh ideas and suggestions on the subject can contact me
    nena

     
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Will the cemetary remain intact, be expanded in size or incorporated into a mixed use project?

I wonder if a cemetary down under is vewed/used in the same manner as one in North America. Any idea?

I've not worked on cemetaries during my years as a planner....However, when I was in school in Boulder, CO, many years ago; the in-town cemetary was used as a frisbee golf course...AND.. when I took geology, we had our final exam at the cemetary. You were given a list of names and you had to find the tombstone and identify the type of rock from which it was made. Unless using cemetaries for leisure activities is frowned upon as disrespectful in your community, there are many ways that you can integrate the history with leisure time and open it up to a world of interesting grant possibilities.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 9
    Last post: 11 Feb 2013, 2:23 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 04 Jan 2013, 3:14 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 13 Mar 2008, 5:05 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last post: 20 Sep 2005, 11:24 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Aug 2005, 12:07 AM