Last night I scanned the personals on Yahoo and started notice certain things that turned me off to somebody's profile. It got me thinking. What are they ways men or women sabotage their dating prospects?
Here are a few of mine.
* Women with cats. With most of the guys I know, this is a big turn-off. Think of the cat lady on the Simpsons.
* Talking about how much they love to watch sports or go to games. I always wonder if they just say that because they think it is something we want to hear. Hey, all of us guys are not sports freaks. There are better things to do in life.
* Big hair. The 80's are over for most people.
* Lots of make-up. I'm more attracted to women who wear no make-up.
* Saying "recently single," or "just out of a long term relationship," or anything like it. Can you say "baggage?"
On the other hand, there are certain things that make me take notice.
* Pictures with dogs. I sometimes wonder if I want to meet her just to meet her dogs.
* A well-written profile that clearly shows they are literate. It is even better if they can write in a conversational tone.