The picture of the boy with the boot in the "Honey moon" thread made me think of of this topic. What "big" statues are near you and what do you think of them. I'll provide a few examples and images.
1) Sudbury - the big nickel
2) Vegreville ALTA, the big easter egg (see image)
3) Near kingston - the big apple
4) Fort Francis Ont/ Place in Mn - the big thermometer
5) Nackawic NB - the big axe
6) Plaster Rock NB - fiddle heads ( fern greens, not the instrument)
7) Near Sussex NB - dancing blueberry and giant holstein
8) Fredericton/ Maugerville - Harvey the dancing potato
10) shediac's giant lobster (see image)
In some cases I find them really funny ( the fiddle heads) in others they seem tacky. What do you think?