Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Oh No! More Personality Tests

Oh No! More Personality Tests

Just found out about this site...it is pretty interesting.

http://www.colorgenics.com
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

The Tower

Pillars of strength, promoters of the law, the Tower personality type is a natural born middle manager; not a leader of men but an organizer of men. Tower personalities need order and organization to feel secure about their lives; and they are often consequently attracted to work in the government or in jobs that promote an established tradition.

Tower personalities are also by necessity strong family members. They tend to join groups such as the Shriners or the Rotary Club, they believe in civic pride and can often be found at PTA meetings and political rallies. Similarly, the Tower will usually have extensive knowledge of his/her own family history and tradition.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

The Map
    The Map personality is often deeply and intimately involved in the world. This world however is usually inside his/her own mind. Thoughtful to the extreme, this type is often obsessed with perfection and the rules governing their own personal interests.

They are generally good-natured people, and are often in areas not important to them very easy-going. Step across the line in regard to something the Map deems important however and you will recognize the wrath of the true believer. Principles to the Map are generally black and white. Their understanding of these principles however are always in question. Because the Map personality believes strongly in justice, it will often question its own perceptions, in fear that a mistake could have disastrous consequences. This prevents the Map personality from becoming too dictatorial or didactic.
    HMMM, Colorgenics, The Tower and The Map?? Was this written by a closet planner?
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

My true Nationality:

Oh la la! French to the core, mon frère. You would feel most at home in the la belle France, country of varied landscapes—from beaches to mountains to fishing villages to rolling valleys and vineyards.

Your personality makes a good fit in France, too. Like many French, you have a developed sense of sophistication in love and social rules. You have impeccable taste and style and have perfected the search for quality of life, pleasure, well being and pleasant sensations.

You have high standards when it comes to cuisine, which should always be fresh, of the highest-quality ingredients and prepared beautifully. You have little patience for authority and chafe at following rules and laws. You are more inclined to use the rules of etiquette and social interaction as your guide to living life.

Paris is your soul city—famous for its broad tree-lined boulevards, charming neighborhoods and stately monuments. I can see you there now at an outdoor café ordering a café—or perhaps absinthe—and people watching to your voyeuristic heart’s content.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 2003
    The North Star, which means I don't know?

the North Star is often a beacon of hope to those members of society who have lost faith or who are in need of succor.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Behold the power of The REEF!

The Reef
    The Reef is a powerful personality that tends to draw and nurture others with its natural charisma. They are known for their ability to convince others and to lead a team of devoted acolytes. Rarely satisfied with the petty details, a Reef personality is one that remains focused on the grander scheme of things. Often you will find this personality in charge of a sales team or a dedicated management force, due to their natural entrepreneurial abilities.

The Reef tends to associate easily, and genuinely appreciates other people. In affairs of the heart it is usually very practical and might be thought on occasion to be a bit perfunctory or shallow, due predominantly to this personalities simple appreciation for the good life. Oddly, though they have a natural tendency to lead, Reef personalities can have a very thin skin and can easily be hurt by a thoughtless comment or a cruel barb.
    Huh?

Registered
    Jul 2002

The Catapult

Interesting.... (emphasis added in bold)

Your archetype: partial results:

The Catapult
    Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, this personality type is easily enthused by practical projects. Once gaining the interest of the Catapult, a project will be quickly and sometimes manically dealt with. That energy however will be invisible to those not witness to it. Abrupt is a watchword of this personality.

Spontaneity is important to the Catapult because it never quite knows when inspiration will hit. Because of this, it often ignores or conveniently forgets rules and boundaries that limit its freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though this personality is kind and gentle, it will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. When discussing their need for freedom, the Catapult will most often resort to non-verbal means to express itself.
    Which object wants to kill you? Which object is having more fun? Which hurts more? Huh? I'm looking at shapes!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Wow... there are a lot of quizzes. I took the Archetype Quiz:

The Dandelion
    The dandelion sees the magic of the world and is aloft in an overwhelming sense of union with the beauty of the universe. This is often translated into a fluency with the language, a poetic sensibility and an ability to see beyond the measure of the day to day. The inner beauty of the animate world often preoccupies the Dandelion, a sense that there is a union in all the life forms of nature.

Because of the ever-present reality of the abstract world, a dandelion may often seem to be living in a higher realm, or to be not-of-this-earth. Prone to fantasy and the imagination, Dandelion children often create entire legions of imaginary playmates. In an adult this can on occasion lead a Dandelion to imagine interior lives for friends and associates that are near-complete fabrications based on the Dandelion's fears or hopes for the future.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Another map...
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2003
    Did you do the color test it is kind of fun.
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Mine isn't true at all. I thought the questions like "which one wants to kill you?" were very funny.

The Net
    The Net reaches out to the world and pulls in experiences of all forms and kinds. Spontaneous, immediate and active, these people are natural racecar drivers, mountain climbers, skateboarders and skiers. Competitive to a fault, these personalities have a natural tendency to win, whether this is in the business world or on the freeway. In the right context this can be a positive encouragement to those around the Net. In the wrong context it can lead to a pathetic display of ego and misplaced pride.

These personalities at their most intense are always on the prowl for clues as to how to win, in an argument, in a simple conversation, in a placid walk along the lake. Usually this behavior is unconscious or "playful" but the sense of play can rapidly disappear if the Net is found to be losing in the aforementioned contest. If you do outmaneuver this personality however there are rarely any hard feelings. The Net believes in competition and a good competitor is someone to be respected. Only those who don't compete are met with derision.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Seabishop
    Mine isn't true at all.
    Maybe you didn't answer the questions about 'which shape is having more fun', and 'which shape wants to steal your money' correctly B-)

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by JNL
    ...'which shape wants to steal your money' correctly B-)
    It's that damn trapezoid. It's always coming around and acting all shady, asking me for spare change all the time, trying to get my jack.... I just don't trust him.

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    My computer not have Flash. I cannot take tests, but know that I am greatest person ever!
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Queen B
    Did you do the color test it is kind of fun.
    Yes and it is scary how accurate it is

For those who have not done it, you simply rate a few colours in order of preference, and hey presto, you get a few paragraphs about your emotional state and personality.

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Uh oh, this is a dangerous site to discover when I am at work. I love taking these silly quizzes...this could lengthen my lunch hour quite a bit.

Je suis, uh, FRENCH. So much for the idea of going to Germany for vacation this year - guess I have to go to the motherland.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Did it today and....

The Lightning Bolt
    Verbally and mentally fluid, the Lightning Bolt is refreshing and illuminating to those around it. This is occasionally somewhat discounted by the obvious pleasure that these personalities take in exercising their mental acuity. Although generally peaceful they can often take a verbally aggressive tact in relations with the world, which can often be misunderstood by those around them. To the Lightning Bolt this abstract contact is viewed as mere play; they rarely understand the attitude of those around them who can be offended or hurt by wild flights of verbal fancy or playfully intended barbs.

Innovative in the extreme, the Lightning Bolt personalities can often think themselves right out of the correct answer to a given problem. Many times they are referred to as their own worst enemies.
    Illuminating.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Your archetype: partial results:

The Catapult
    Handy in the real world manipulation of objects and events, this personality type is easily enthused by practical projects. Once gaining the interest of the Catapult, a project will be quickly and sometimes manically dealt with. That energy however will be invisible to those not witness to it. Abrupt is a watchword of this personality.

Spontaneity is important to the Catapult because it never quite knows when inspiration will hit. Because of this, it often ignores or conveniently forgets rules and boundaries that limit its freedom. This need for freedom extends even to the personal sphere and though this personality is kind and gentle, it will often be hard to pin down to a monogamous lifestyle. When discussing their need for freedom, the Catapult will most often resort to non-verbal means to express itself.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman
    My computer not have Flash. I cannot take tests, but know that I am greatest person ever!
    I'm pretty confident that if you were to take the test you'd find incredible modesty as the defining trait of your personality type.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The Crossroads

This is the inviting and welcoming personality type that is most well known for recreational activities and general partying. Always happy in a crowd, the Crossroads love to converse, to relate, and above all to have fun.

This personality tends to think in a more holistic approach than many of the other personality types, covering ground piece by piece in a hodgepodge fashion rather than following a single line of logic from beginning to end. Like a crow they are attracted to shiny objects, new ideas, playful exciting colors and the thrill of a new personal relationship.

Oooo! Shiny objects!
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 115
    Last post: 15 Jan 2014, 9:24 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 12 Nov 2008, 12:51 PM
  3. Studying for tests
    Student Commons
    Replies: 10
    Last post: 05 Nov 2006, 11:43 PM