Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Its Friday night, and I'm still here (why are you)

Registered
    Dec 2003

Its Friday night, and I'm still here (why are you)

Seeing how I haven't been aboard the ship on a friday night in a while, why are yous guys, (those logged on) riding the wave?

I'm launching the all out attack on the thesis when all of the 8-tracks Queen-B sent me got chewed up by the 8-track player. What a mess. I was diggin the Queen, Frampton, and Blood Sweet and Tears, until the alligator chewed them up. Well, a little tape and patience should fix them.

Lock and load really, I have nowhere else to go, except the fridge for another PBR.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

RT, you know, thesis is a lot like jumping off a tall building -- it's exhilirating at first, followed by a long period of unconciousness and ending with a THUD!

Sorry, dude, but if you got time, go for the PBR. You won't regret it tonight, but maybe later.

Me, I just finished connecting my new laptop to my new broadband (yippee kai yay, Mr. Fletcher) at home and the first site I checked was this. How ate up is that?
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Sep 1999
    The pork chops are a-cookin' on the stove, the kid's at a friend's for the night, and I'm just killing time until I do something exciting like make birthday cards (for my brother, his wife, and 2 of his kids) on the computer, or go fold laundry. Hey, it's a small town, what can I say?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Not EVERYONE is on Eastern Standard Time. My Workday ends in....three minutes.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    RT, you know, thesis is a lot like jumping off a tall building -- it's exhilirating at first, followed by a long period of unconciousness and ending with a THUD!

Sorry, dude, but if you got time, go for the PBR. You won't regret it tonight, but maybe later.
    Yeah, its starting to go that way, I need to get my motivation back.

Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    The pork chops are a-cookin' on the stove
    Maybe I should get the dinner rolling :-P
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by BKM
    Not EVERYONE is on Eastern Standard Time. My Workday ends in....three minutes.
    Then what are you worried about, youv'e got an extra 3 hours to figure everything out

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Heck, it is only 7:30. That's much too early to be going out.

Not that I am.

(pops open a Moose Drool - damn, down to three now)

Where did I put those pretzels?
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'm just home from work. Uncorked a bottle of Mirassou chardonnay that I'm sipping on. No place for me to go tonight. My sons and I are eating dinner together.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I don't have a Real Life, it is all Virtual Reality for me. Hardly a day goes by that I don't spend a whole lot of time online -- and my "work day" tends to begin after all the folks on the East Coast are done for the day. Some of my best work gets done after midnight.

Michele International: The Secret to my Success is Insomnia.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Yes, beat me up on this, but I am NOT a t.v. person, except I watch the news in the morning. I have cable for my kid to watch sports and cartoons. I have not watched a series in maybe 15 years. I have never seen ER, Seinfeld, or Friends, or even the Simpsons, and do not feel deprived. But since the kid was out and I had nothing to do tonite, I watched a t.v. show that was reviewed in the paper today, Wonderfalls, on Fox, and it was very funny. Very quirky, which I guess is why I liked it. I guess, being in a tourist-oriented state, I can identify with a gift-shop clerk who suddenly is spoken to by one of those machine-molded plastic animals and has to do what it says to do.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Simulcast From GB, Night #2
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 18
    Last post: 14 Oct 2004, 11:46 AM
  2. The Freaks Come Out at Night
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 36
    Last post: 24 Aug 2004, 7:13 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last post: 11 Mar 2004, 9:36 PM