Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Wonderful Buenos Aires!

Registered
    Mar 2004

Wonderful Buenos Aires!

Brace yourselves. You are about to see 100 photos of one of the finest cities on the planet:

www.pbase.com/smedlock/buenos_aires

I have 3,000 photos of Argentina altogether, most of which are Buenos Aires. These are from a 6 week trip to Argentina that I've just returned from. Once I get a website together I will put all of the photos up on the web.

Thank you so much! Those pics are great!!!!!!!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Great pics of a seemingly great city. I look forward to the rest of the pics being posted.

Registered
    Dec 2003

Nice range of subjects...

Buenos Aires really has some great things about it. Hope I make it there someday. I think its cool that you had the cojones to seek out where the regular people and the down on their luck people live. You don't see many pics of favelas on these forums. How were you perceived in those rougher parts? Are you one of the social chameleon types who can filter into a society undetected?

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I walk wherever I choose when I visit a city and I've never had any problems. I never think of crime or the risk of it, and don't take any precautions against it. It happens, yes, but not often enough to worry about. Unfortunantly, too many people are obsessed with it and limit their actions and interactions with different people and neighborhoods based on this irrational fear. This is as true of Buenos Airs as it is stateside.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. It's a Wonderful City!
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 29 Jan 2010, 10:17 AM
  2. Buenos Aires
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 03 Nov 2005, 1:38 PM
  3. What would Ms. Wonderful Say?
    Friday Afternoon Club