Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Free Land to Lure Prairie Homesteaders - Garden State Urban Studies Prof Snickers.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by el Guapo
    You know nothing of this area. Ignorant fool.
    Since when did that stop him?
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Very nice and encouraging, thank you.

Registered
    May 2003
    It's interesting what happens to land when left alone. The DMZ in Korea has become a veritable wildlife refuge because no one is allowed to enter.

Disclaimer. I only know this from news articles. But it makes sense.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    *AHEM* Self Policing Mod Note: Guap, Giff, play nice and offer a thoughtful rebuttal and not an attack.

Registered
    May 1997
    EG, et al: Frank and Deborah have indeed spent considerable time on the Great Plains, including at some racuous meetings in Nebraska, where there is a lot of unvoiced respect for them. They spoke at K-State earlier this month, at the invitation of a former governor of Kansas. They have never advocated condemnation of land or triaging communities. They have simply pointed out what is in fact happening and suggesting making lemonade out of the lemons! Nobody has actually thought harder or, IMHO, better about the Great Plains since Carl Kraenzel (and if you don't know who Carl was you don't know anything about the history of the region) and my own work in NE made it clear to me that the debate and, yes, the anguish they stimulated has been healthy and helpful for residents of the region.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Chet
    *AHEM* Self Policing Mod Note: Guap, Giff, play nice and offer a thoughtful rebuttal and not an attack.
    Noted and I guess I was a tiny bit over the line. Yet, I feel no shame. But I promise to play slightly nicer with our resident expert as he "Clavens" away on all topics.

: )

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Yes, what Guap said. I'll behave.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 32
    Last post: 05 Jul 2010, 1:26 PM
  2. Replies: 21
    Last post: 04 Jun 2010, 5:40 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last post: 25 Jul 2009, 10:25 PM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 12 Aug 2005, 12:07 AM