Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

Closed thread

Thread: New registration dates

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

New registration dates

I've surprised a few Cyburbia users by changing their registration dates to reflect their first posting on what was then either the PAIRC bulletin board or Cyburbia Cafe.

Provide evidence of pre-vBulletin regular participation in Cyburbia (search archives of www.cyburbia.org, www.ap.buffalo.edu and www.arch.buffalo.edu on http://web.archive.org), and I'll change your registration date too. I won't change your post count, but at least you'll get some recognition for your longevity online.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Thanks Dan....but you got the wrong date :

Quote Originally posted by Dan
    (NHPlanner)
    Muncie, Indiana US - Sat Apr 20 17:00:02 EDT 1996

Friends of mine back home who continually ask my how my architecture education is going...and along the same lines...having to constantly explain to people the difference between Planning and architecture.
    And you should change your join date as well.....you were user #1 of course.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Dec 1998
    That was quite an interesting trip down memory lane. The earliest post I could find was from December 1998.

Posted by "name deleted to protect the innocent " on December 01, 1998 at 22:29:31:

In response to: Re: LOW PAY posted by Dan Tasman on November 11, 1998 at 02:19:42:

Stay away from jobs in West Virginia?....Try Louisiana. The starting salary for an entry-level planner in the New Orleans area is $19,500, and they have the audacity to require a masters degree. It cost me nearly that much in tuition, books, travel, etc. to earn the masters and that is what I'm offered? It's no wonder that many of my friends opted for other careers.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    lol...I just noticed that my "new" registration date really kills the posts per day average. :-P
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Closed thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Worst dates.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 54
    Last post: 03 May 2013, 2:57 PM
  2. North Texas Laefest - Poll for Dates
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 20 Sep 2008, 9:43 PM
  3. First Dates
    Friday Afternoon Club