• No I do not believe in horoscopes

21 84.00%
  • Other / what is this “horoscope” that you speak of

2 8.00%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: Thursday 3/25/04 Noontime question from Michaelskis

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.

Thursday 3/25/04 Noontime question from Michaelskis

Yesterday Maister and I were talking about horoscopes, because the one that I had for yesterday was dead on… but a day behind. So it made me wonder…

What are your thoughts on horoscopes, and if you believe in them, how much of a role do they play in your life?
    If you're not growing, you're dying. - Lou Holtz

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I am a child of the sixties but I think they are BS but fun to follow. So man, what is your sign??????
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Bunk in my opinion....but occasionally they do seem to be right on....
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Never read mine, I believe it's all crap.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Does this tell you anything-
    in our newspaper, they place them with the comics.
    Last edited by JNA; 25 Mar 2004 at 2:28 PM.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    ya.. if they were front page material I'd give them more credence.
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I don't read daily horoscopes but I am a classic Taurus.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    It is a bunch of pre-Copernican mumbo-jumbo.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I dont pay attention to them, but every once in a while I read the day-olds to see how close they are. Usually not very..

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    the one that I had for yesterday was dead on… but a day behind.
    I'm thinking there's a lucrative market here - I would be willing (for a price) to write anyone's horoscope....for yesterday. Please include name, email and details of what happened to you on the previous day.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    I'm thinking there's a lucrative market here - I would be willing (for a price) to write anyone's horoscope....for yesterday.
    Just how many 's would be enough?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Chet
    I dont pay attention to them, but every once in a while I read the day-olds to see how close they are. Usually not very..
    Most horoscopes aren't even horoscopes. An actual horoscope could be wrong. The ones that run in the local paper don't even predict events - they read more like advice......"...try to listen carefully to what others others are saying, good communication is key..."
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by JNA
    Just how many 's would be enough?
    that cyber beer is quite sufficient. Thank you for your payment.

JNA's horoscope for 3/24/04********
    You were bothered incessantly by whiney losers at work yesterday who failed to recognize your superior intellect and natural leadership abilities. That was good thinking stopping when you did at that intersection - had you not, it would have resulted in a serious collision. You found yesterday's television programs to be lowbrow and insipid.

Thank you for hiring retro-scope tm

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Here's mine for today; couldn't be further from the mark:

If you're in a committed relationship, expect a new sense of mutual purpose to come to both of you - along with some new friends. If you aren't currently involved, dear Sagittarius, love could come into your life today. This could be a case of "it's about time!" However, changes within you are attracting interesting people. Children who come into your life at this time might prove to be natural gurus, unconsciously helping you along in your spiritual quest. Enjoy it!
    Annoyingly insensitive

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I don't believe in them, but I find them fun to read. Now fortune cookies... those I pay attention to! Especially after you add the words 'in bed' at the end.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    that cyber beer is quite sufficient.
    isn't it actually a cyBeer?

i digress...and i agree that most of the horrorscopes are just advice and if you say anything broadly enough, you can probably make it fit...like a fortune teller...it's all crap
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by nerudite
    I don't believe in them, but I find them fun to read. Now fortune cookies... those I pay attention to! Especially after you add the words 'in bed' at the end.
    I had Thai food today for lunch and got a fortune cookie with my curry noodles. (What's Thai about that?) Anyway, it said "He who knows that he has enough is rich... in bed."

I think not!

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Sometimes they are on the money, and sometimes they are not. Sometimes I wish I could travel back to the past in order to alter the future.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Jul 2003

Oh, you meant that cr*p

I have been a student of astrology for more than 2 decades and friends of mine are twisting my arm to do it professionally. But the "daily" horoscope in the paper is utter crap, as is 'sun sign astrology'. I thought you meant real astrology. But few people seem to even know what that is.

Yea, verily, the "daily" horoscope is done in the great "Fortune Teller's Tradition" of "I predict that there will be an earthquake somewhere in California today. And someone, somewhere, will end up in the ER today. Even as we speak, someone is ..." yatta yatta yatta.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    Sometimes they are on the money, and sometimes they are not. Sometimes I wish I could travel back to the past in order to alter the future.
    Time Travel...did I see a reference to time travel...You got to understand that ZG, Trail Nazi and I love to read time travel sci fi stuff.....Best reads...Mental candy.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by sisterceleste
    Time Travel...did I see a reference to time travel...You got to understand that ZG, Trail Nazi and I love to read time travel sci fi stuff.....Best reads...Mental candy.
    I think it is possible, the thing I often wonder about is what happens to something once it gets sucked into a blackhole. Where does it go, another galaxy or dimension?
    B-)
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    what happens to something once it gets sucked into a blackhole. Where does it go, another galaxy or dimension?
    B-)
    Yes..yes...all of the above...and don't forget wormholes.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by sisterceleste
    Yes..yes...all of the above...and don't forget wormholes.
    or stone circles

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Another vote here for don't believe in them but they're fun to read sometimes.

nerudite - check out the fortune I added to my signature line - very relevant to where I'm at, at the moment in several ways.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 28
    Last post: 06 Aug 2015, 2:49 PM
  2. Replies: 11
    Last post: 27 Oct 2005, 4:53 PM
  3. Replies: 43
    Last post: 19 Mar 2004, 11:25 AM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last post: 13 Mar 2004, 1:55 AM
  5. Replies: 29
    Last post: 05 Mar 2004, 4:05 PM