Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Cyburbia redesign

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Cyburbia redesign

With the move this weekend to a new server, I thought I'd spend a few hours redesigning the navigation scheme for the site. Have a liik at the Cyburbia index page (http://www.cyburbia.org), and let me know what you think. There's still some tweaking I have to do, and then the hard part -- implementing the scheme throughout the entire site.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Dan
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    Dan, I absolutely love the new design - it's fantastic!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Tranplanner wrote:
    Dan, I absolutely love the new design - it's fantastic!
    Thanks! I stil have a bunch of tweaks to implement, and the challenge of implementing the scheme across the entire site, but so far it seems to be working out.

As far as minor tweaks in the coming days, I'll be comparing the dark blue interlaced sidebar with light blue and grey sidebars. There will also be buttons that are similar to the PLANetizen button for the links on the sidebar.

I don't think I'll be selling ad space on the front page. The link to UB is there to acknowledge their support through the years, and the link to Urban Insight is my thanks for their hosting services and wonderful technical support.

If/when I do sell ads on Cyburbia, it's still my intention that they be built environment related, and non-invasive (nothing animated, no pop-ups, no interstitials). I'll probably be selling small "sponsor ads" for interior pages, and "premium listings" in the Cyburbia resource directory, with a logo by the link and/or first listing on a page. (A one time fee of US$25-$50, perhaps?) I won't be selling favorable link reviews or ratings.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 10 Oct 2012, 8:46 AM
  2. Downtown parking redesign feasibility
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 25 May 2009, 11:08 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last post: 02 Mar 2007, 11:05 AM
  4. Waterfront redesign case studies
    Land Use and Zoning