Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Trobbing Brian Travel Agency

Registered
    Nov 2002

Trobbing Brian Travel Agency

I just heard from my parents that they will be visiting relatives in Southeast Michigan (very close to Toledo, Ohio) the week before my wedding in June. As they will have a few days to kill before arriving for the wedding, and it's only a 5 or 6 hour drive from Southern Michigan to Pittsburgh, my mom asked if there were any interesting things to see and do along the way. Being new to the region and having not really spent anytime in that area I told her that I'd ask some people more knowledgeable than myself.

So now I turn to the Throbbing Brain and ask for any travel tips I could pass on. Are there any train rides, museums, interesting countryside, craft fairs, festivals, anything that an active couple in their early 50's would enjoy seeing?

Thanks

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Well, the only thing I know about in that area is Cedar Point - the largest rollercoaster amusement park in America, but I assume they wouldn't want to go there.

Monroe, MI is a nice little city in the southeastern most section of the state. It's the La-z-Boy corporate headquarters. Do your parents apperciate the finery of recliners? :-P

sorry, I'm not much help.

Ask Super Amputee Cat or Bear Up North. They live in that area.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Dec 2003
    They could go to Detroit

Just tell them don't forget the hotdogs
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Greenfield village! Solid, wholesome family entertainment and education. Not only can Uncle Charlie make his very own brass candlestick on a lathe built in 1890, but Aunt Darlene will also enjoy the decor while standing in the original Wright Brothers' boyhood parlour.

www.hfmgv.org/
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    Detroit looks like fun!

Plenty of good christian radio to listen to while your in Ohio.
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Cyburbia: the travel agency
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 17 Sep 2010, 1:28 PM