Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Why Congress is going to hell #1

Registered
    Aug 2001

Why Congress is going to hell #1

This guy should be recalled

Now lets not turn this into an NRA deabte, but post 9-11 this was totally insensitve, STOOOPID, and cause for alarm. If this guy is fit to be one of the elite LEADERS of the free world, why on earth would he simply "forget" he was carrying a loaded firearm to the AIRPORT??!! I would imagine that if he were black, had changed his name to Assif, and wore a robe he'd be it Gitmo right now.

EDIT: And his spokesman covers by saying "he hunts alot of things" with a 9mm Glock??? Oh C'mon El Guapo, even you don't beleive that do you??

Please, you don't, do you?

Registered
    Jan 2004
    Going?

Oh yeah, and I doubt that they'd ship him off to Cuba for that, no matter who he is. Especially considering the crap I've been hearing about lately, the "let's not offend anyone" kind of scanning.

[heh heh] NOT my Representative [/heh heh]

Unfortunately, in his home district, this will probably been seen as a case of "Well, it coulda happened to anyone. Why just last week I found my AR-15 under the front seat of my F-150. Hadn't seen it since deer season and guess I just kinda forgot about it..."
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I can just imagine him yelling "Don't you know who I am? I'm a CONGRESSMAN!!!" at airport security.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Thank-you Gedunker
    for not pointing out which Congressional District a certain cyburbian lives in

The loaded gun in an airport issue put aside;
    More importantly why was he flying out of Louisville, KY
    Not out of the commercial airport in his own district that is served by US Air ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

I still cannot believe that any person who has access to a TV, newspaper, or common sense could ever "forget" that they have a gun in the bag. The fact that it is a congressman makes me think that this guy is really arrogant or too dumb to hold office.

I think they need stiffer penalties for people who are so stupid that they forget they have a gun or actually think they can bring a gun into an airport and not get in trouble. I would support mandatory 30 days in jail for this and a huge fine.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Unfortunatly, that is not the dumbest thing I have heard of a legislator doing.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    I can't believe his excuse was "I forgot I had the gun." Makes me think that he is so used to "packing" that he can't remember when he isn't. Believe me, when I have a gun with me, I am very aware of it and so should he.

Another thing, the report says he had a Glock. You would think a Congressman would at least buy American. What is wrong with a good-old S&W? It is good enough for me and my father and his father!

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I wish my Congressman carried a gun, then maybe we would get more federal money
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Man did that pee me off when I read that !!!!
    I just HATE that mentality that is pervasive in certain political circles....you know, it's Ok if one of "us" violates procedure or rules cuz we're the good guys - procedure is intended to address "them"....what do you mean which group is which? If you have to ask, you're obviously one of "them"
    There is no doubt in my mind that if someone of middle eastern descent had "suffered a memory lapse" and walked into an airport with a loaded Glock he'd be dining in Gitmo the next 3 years without charges....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally posted by Maister
    Man did that pee me off when I read that !!!!
    I just HATE that mentality that is pervasive in certain political circles.....
    He was interviewed over the phone last night and stammered (and I mean quite literally stammered) about how, well, I didn't actually get into the secure area you know, the security stopped me before I got anywhere, I mean, I was in the lobby.

Congress ought to censure him.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Congress and talk radio
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 13
    Last post: 11 Sep 2009, 10:11 AM
  2. Congress for the New Urbanism
    Make No Small Plans