Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Snapshot 11/23/15

Registered
    Feb 2004

Snapshot 11/23/15

What is the current setting on your thermostat at home?

People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2003
    OFF

We haven't had to turn the heat on yet and turned the AC off about a month ago.
    "The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism." - George Washington

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Work - have no control

Registered
    Jun 2011
    65 now. The new house is weird. Set at 67 (like my old rental) it practically blasts you out of the bedrooms. I think 65 may even end up being too hot. I'm pleasantly surprised by it. The windows are all fairly new, but the insulation in the attic is the old sawdust stuff. The heat pump is around 10 years old too.

I'm going to start putting those insulated covers on the outside wall receptacle outlets.

60 for those rare circumstances when I have to turn it on. Makes up for the 7 months I have to run the AC
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    This place was built before thermostats and hasn't been updated since. My thermometer says 83. It was in the upper 60s inside last night.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    67. My new place holds heat better, so the furnace doesn't kick on as often.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I have a Nest. I have it programmed for 68 when we are at home and 62 for when we are away. The house is super insulated and stays very warm. According to my Nest history for the past week the furnace has kicked on every other day for about 30 minutes.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    OFF

We haven't had to turn the heat on yet and turned the AC off about a month ago.
    Ditto.
    "You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it,..." -Bane

Registered
    Feb 2005
    I don't have central air or heating, just a wall unit gas heater downstairs. When I turn it on, I usually set it to kick off at around 68 (as near I can tell, it's not a digital display). I have a portable a/c for upstairs and had to turn it on for the litte one's nap yesterday, it was unexpectedly warm, and I usually set that for around 72-74.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Who knows. My apartment building was built 20+ years ago and they haven't updated the thermostat since. The thermostat is so cheap...I can't tell what it's at. Somewhere between 60 and 70, I imagine. My roommate likes to bump it up too high, but I like to keep it low since my bedroom is on the top floor and heat rises.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Snapshot 10/21/15
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 9
    Last post: 21 Oct 2015, 7:47 PM
  2. Snapshot 1/22/15
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 20
    Last post: 26 Jan 2015, 10:15 AM