Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Thanks Dan!

Registered
    Dec 2001

Thanks Dan!

I thought I was going to go insane! Actually, my boyfriend tried to say I was PMSing but in reality if I don't have my daily dose of Cyburbia I get, shall we say, GRUMPY. In fact, I was crushing everyone's dreams at the city and telling everyone "nooooooo!".
    Thank you for getting it all back together Dan, you have once again worked your magic and made my life that much better... not to mention the citizens are relatively safe now.

Tex
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Thanks Dan

I was having some serious withdrawls

Danie
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah, that's the stuff.

Thanks Dan.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Hey ... how do you think I was feeling?

Anyhow, to make a long story short ...

* PHP was reconfigured on the Web server in a way that prevented new messages from being posted to the Cyburbia Forums. You could still read messages, but you couldn't post. (Cyburbia was hosted for free, but it was on a dedicated server that really wasn't intended to function as a commercial Web site hosting service. Unfortunately, vBulletin couldn't function properly given the server's very high security configuration.)

* Last Friday, I reluctantly moved Cyburbia to a private Web hosting service. The name change propagated slowly throughout the Internet. For about 48 hours some folks were getting the "old" Cyburbia, while others were getting the "new" Cyburbia ...

* ... which was even more screwed up, because people were getting "cybubria.org is not permitted to access this database" errors when they accessed the forums.

* Last night (after working from 8:00 AM to 11:00 PM -- this will be a 70 hour week, I fear), when I got home, I spent a couple of hours researching the problem with the Forums on the "new" Cyburbia, and what to do. The answer was simple -- change one line in a vBulletin congifuration file.

Joy! All better now. Not just that, but file and avatar uploads are also working again -- something that stopped a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry for the interruption. Hopefully there won't be any snags in the near future.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Thanks Dan.......your hard work is much appreciated, but you should really try to get a life outside of Cyburbia!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The withdrawls were pretty severe.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Yeah...

It gives the "DT"s a whole new meaning, doesn't it folks?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Apr 2002
    One more THANKS!!
    Cheers,
    UrbanRunner
    :)

Registered
    Aug 2001

doing a happy dance

Glad the lights are back on and I got my cyburbia sweatshirt today!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Whew, worse than quitting coffee! Thank you dan!

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Definitely glad things are back on-line.....hopefully the twitch will go away when I get my fix!

Registered
    Jan 2002

Dan is a hero

I've found out that life just isn't the same without a daily dose of Cyburbia.

+ Reply to thread