Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Paper on Peak Oil

Paper on Peak Oil

Hello everybody! It's been awhile since my last post because I've been very busy these days. However, I have a favor to ask somebody-

I am in a community involvement class and one of the requirements of the class is to write a paper on a social topic that interests us. I chose peak oil/the social ramifications of an oil based society. I have written the paper and it's been edited once by my dad, but I need a professional to read it and critique it based on some class-set guidelines. So if anyone is interested and would care to read it, I would appreciate it very much.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    He may be an over-the-top writer, but Kunstler has several links on his page to sites focusing on this issue. Check out www.kunstler.com

I have read many of his articles, though none of his books. I agree with much of what he has to say, but I think he complains too much without suggesting possible resolutions. I started reading his stuff at a fairly bitter time in my life, so it all struck me as very true, but in retrospect, I wish he wouldn't be so pessimistic.

Anyone want to read my paper?

Sorry to press the matter, but if someone would just read my paper and throw in a few comments, it would help me immensely. One of the requirements of the paper is that I get a proffesional in the area we are studying to read it. It's nothing too formal, as it is just a high school class. I was hoping a cyburbanite would be willing to read it, but if not I'll have to find someone else soon.

Last request for this, I promise

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Im not the best, but send it to me and I will take a look at it. Im off to grad school so someone somewhere thinks I know my stuff.
    PM me and I will send you my email address

GL

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Peak hours on bus schedules
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 24 Oct 2010, 9:51 PM
  2. Peak oil? What about Peak Coffee?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 20
    Last post: 30 Jul 2008, 7:43 PM