Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Florida laefest planning

Registered
    Sep 1999

Florida laefest planning

OK, it's time to hear from all the Florida Cyburbians. I think we all know that Richmond Jake is relocating to the Panhandle in the next couple months. So it's time to start planning a summer lae-fest. Please check in so I know who is interested, and let me know your suggestions for a location. I'm thinking Tallahassee so as not to over-tax the new transplant, but let me know if you have other ideas.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    If ya'll can wait until after June count me in! (I cant be there before)

I am open as to where. Should we do something around downtown like the deck of Poboys? Or one of the classic college bars on Tennessee? Or go to the Leon Pub where they have a large selection of really good beer?

Registered
    Jul 2003

Florida Cyburbians only?

I'd be up for a Florida fest....didn't I see Jacksonville floated as an option at one point?

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess
    I'm thinking Tallahassee ....
    I think the capitol in mid-July is a capital idea.
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Sorry, Belle, I am not trying to be exclusionary. Lae-fest in FL, open to Cyburbians here or in neighboring states, or anyone who will be in the area then!

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    I could drive in from MS.
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

I would formally invite any Cyburbanites to the planner's happy hour in Jacksonville, which is generally every Friday at 5 at the London Bridge Pub downtown (corner of Adams and Laura).

It's usually hard to miss a large group of planners - just listen for the boring conversation, petty griping, and massive beer consumption.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    I'll be home in late June, early July in Jax. I want to go. ZG, we could get the other Cyburbinites in the Jax area together early or late on the day that we are meeting. I can't wait to see you guys. I'll leave the mascot home with the relatives.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Party! Party! Party!
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Aug 2001

I hate to dredge this up, but...

..hey, I'm here. Which weekends look good for the Florida Laefest? Either July 17 or 24 work for me. And the rest of you?
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    The 24th is best for me; I'm on vacation the following week.

First of all, where do we want to meet??? Cyburbians in the region, let's hear your ideas/preferences.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    ZG,I like the 24th too. And you mentioned Tallahassee in an earlier posting and that works for me, too.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I know i'm new and my opinion probably doesn't matter much, but i'm interested in going but the 24th is bad due to the fact i have finals the following week. We are talking July right. , My wife would come as well.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Ok, it looks like July 24 is the best day overall, and Tallahassee the best location for our new FL planner. Sorry, Jacksonville folks, but I hope some of you will be able to make it.

How's this sound? Meet mid-afternoon, downtown, say around 3 or so; I found info on an historic district downtown that sounds interesting for a walk. Then adjourn to a downtown locale around 5 (H has suggested one - casual - with an outdoor deck).

Registered
    Feb 2000

Lead Time?

Ok, it looks like July 24 is the best day overall, and Tallahassee the best location for our new FL planner. Sorry, Jacksonville folks, but I hope some of you will be able to make it.

How's this sound? Meet mid-afternoon, downtown, say around 3 or so; I found info on an historic district downtown that sounds interesting for a walk. Then adjourn to a downtown locale around 5 (H has suggested one - casual - with an outdoor deck).
    If I had a month to prepare, I'd be at the next Laefest, regardless of location. That is if I would be welcome B-). Tallahasee on the 24th? OOPS !!!! I'll be in the Dallas Area, Freewaytincan's neck of the woods.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Wish I could be there! My weekends are going to be spent packing in preparation for my move (locally) so I really can't do any traveling til mid-August.
    Have a blast and count me in next time!

Registered
    Feb 2003
    3 is good. Where should we all meet at that time? the capital?? or is there a better place?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Damn Ill be at Disney in Sept.

Anyone for happy hour over at PI?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Sep 1999
    How about we meet on the east side of the Old Capitol, facing Monroe St?

I should be the shortest adult in the area, so you should have no problem recognizing me.

PG, would love to meet up when you're down this way!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    How about we meet on the east side of the Old Capitol, facing Monroe St?

I should be the shortest adult in the area, so you should have no problem recognizing me.

PG, would love to meet up when you're down this way!
    I'll need to get a street map of Tallahassee. See you there.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    OK, here's the final plan for any Cyburbians planning to come: meet at 3 on July 24 at the Old Capitol, east side facing Monroe St (400 S. Monroe St) in Tallahassee, for a walking tour of an historical district; after that, we will be at Po Boys 224 E College Ave around 5.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Great, I'm there. I hope someone has a digital camera as the ex snagged mine before I left Idaho and I haven't replaced it yet.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    OK, here's the final plan for any Cyburbians planning to come: meet at 3 on July 24 at the Old Capitol, east side facing Monroe St (400 S. Monroe St) in Tallahassee, for a walking tour of an historical district; after that, we will be at Po Boys 224 E College Ave around 5.
    It might be a good idea if we traded cell phone numbers in case of mix ups.
    You darn tootin', I like fig newtons!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by sisterceleste
    It might be a good idea if we traded cell phone numbers in case of mix ups.
    OK, I'll PM mine to those I know are coming.

RJ, I'll bring my digital.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    You guys should really meet at Cabo's instead. Much better food and cheaper.

Would anyone be interested in doing another Lae-fest in September in Jacksonville?

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Any planning jobs in N. Florida?
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 18 Mar 2011, 3:37 PM
  2. Planning in Florida
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 18 Aug 2010, 1:37 PM
  3. Florida and planning positions