Urban planning community

Poll results: What night would work?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sunday Night

3 20.00%
  • Monday Night

3 20.00%
  • No Opinion, since I Live too far away.

9 60.00%
+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mini Laefest in SW Michigan for those who are not going to Make it to Chicago….

Registered
    Apr 2003
    In a new discovered reality where it doesn't snow
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    I have an idea. Since Maister is stuck with the Zoning Board at 7:00 on 6/14, how about everyone meet first at the meeting (should only be about 45 min - hour) and all the planners sitting in the audience could make lots of public comments haranguing the applicants and being extremely pro-administration for a change...."my god, staff recommendations on this matter are simply brilliant... I have never seen a situation where conflicting land use screening was more appropriately proposed..... I have seen some lame variance requests in my day but this one takes the cake.....Sir, can I have your autograph..... Whatever you're getting paid its not enough....." you know, the usual sorts of comments that one wishes they could hear.
    Then we would truly have a reason to go drinking at Bell's....
    Are you on Crack? Although if we are spread out in the audience, and we see something that is inconsistent with most zoning law. I will leave this one up to everyone else.
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    I have an idea. Since Maister is stuck with the Zoning Board at 7:00 on 6/14, how about everyone meet first at the meeting (should only be about 45 min - hour) and all the planners sitting in the audience could make lots of public comments haranguing the applicants and being extremely pro-administration for a change...."my god, staff recommendations on this matter are simply brilliant... I have never seen a situation where conflicting land use screening was more appropriately proposed..... I have seen some lame variance requests in my day but this one takes the cake.....Sir, can I have your autograph..... Whatever you're getting paid its not enough....." you know, the usual sorts of comments that one wishes they could hear.
    Then we would truly have a reason to go drinking at Bell's....
    UMMMMM let me think about this.............HMMMMM..................................................NO

Unless of course the first round is on you!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerByDay
    UMMMMM let me think about this.............HMMMMM..................................................NO

Unless of course the first round is on you!
    well it was worth a shot anyways.... (and by 'shot' I mean attempt not 1 oz. of liquor on me, you leeches!!! )
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2002
    I won't be able to make it now. I have a City Council meeting, and have three things on the agenda.

Have a beer (or two, or three, or four) for me!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    I won't be able to make it now. I have a City Council meeting, and have three things on the agenda.

Have a beer (or two, or three, or four) for me!
    Who can make it out for a beer on Sunday???
    Trusting a DC politician with your money is like trusting a hungry dog with a raw steak.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    Who can make it out for a beer on Sunday???
    Not on Sunday, but can make it there after the ZBA meeting Mon. night.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    off-topic question:

Maister and Michealskis - why the hell are you two conversing on Cyburbia? Aren't you two in, like, the same cube?
    Last edited by mendelman; 09 Jun 2004 at 5:50 PM.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Yeah, I always though they could communicate telepathically with those headsets and stuff. Screw the internet! I'd take telepathy anyday!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman
    off-topic question:

Maister and Michealskis - why the hell are you to conversing on Cyburbia? Aren't you two in, like, the same cube?
    Because I got yelled at for writing notes, folding them like little paper foot balls, and shooting them over the cubicle wall.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    off-topic question:

Maister and Michealskis - why the hell are you to conversing on Cyburbia? Aren't you two in, like, the same cube?
    Let me ask you this - if you went to the zoo would you rather walk into the lion's den with an armload of raw meat or would rather pass it through the bars. Trust me the 'barrier' is in everyone's best interests. Besides, he looks much better in cyberspace than in reality.

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    soooooo..........who's the killer lion in this relationship????
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    soooooo..........who's the killer lion in this relationship????
    I would like to remind the audience that the man on the other side of the 5’ fabric covered wall was voted (by several) to be the most likely to go postal. When I hear the squeak from the chair rocking back and forth, I start to move my chair away incase I need to get under by desk.

Besides, he looks much better in cyberspace than in reality.
    ...that is not what your mom said last night.

[back on topic] If you are avalible on Sunday night PM me, other wise we are still on for Monday night Bells @ 7pm

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Aw shucks, I can't make it either anymore, we have an appointment that night and we'd get down to K'zoo too late, It's about an hour drive or so from here. Sunday nite would've been better. IS that still a possibility? Hate to bail on ya Jen but maybe you and Card can still swing by later? How long are you going to be in K'zoo for anyway?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Jen
    Aw shucks, I can't make it either anymore, we have an appointment that night and we'd get down to K'zoo too late, It's about an hour drive or so from here. Sunday nite would've been better. IS that still a possibility? Hate to bail on ya Jen but maybe you and Card can still swing by later? How long are you going to be in K'zoo for anyway?
    If you can make it into town on Sunday Night, I think that Monico Bay could be a good possiblity.

Registered
    Jul 2002
    Just wondering if this laefest is canceled since our special guest is still on the otherside of the world??

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by PlannerByDay
    Just wondering if this laefest is canceled since our special guest is still on the otherside of the world??
    Maister and I just talked about that, and we realized that they are still going to have beer there... Lets say 8pm at Bells (push back an hour so Maister can play Zoning Dictator.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. North Texas Mini-Laefest???
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 12 Aug 2008, 6:09 PM
  2. Michigan Laefest Discussion Thread.
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 95
    Last post: 16 Jun 2005, 9:41 AM
  3. Replies: 36