Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Lynndie England sex video

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries

Lynndie England sex video

Oh my.

May 13, 2004 -- WASHINGTON - Shocking shots of sexcapades involving Pfc. Lynndie England were among the hundreds of X-rated photos and videos from the Abu Ghraib prison scandal shown to lawmakers in a top-secret Capitol conference room yesterday.

"She was having sex with numerous partners. It appeared to be consensual," said a lawmaker who saw the photos.

And, videos showed the disgraced soldier - made notorious in a photo showing her holding a leash looped around an Iraqi prisoner's neck - engaged in graphic sex acts with other soldiers in front of Iraqi prisoners, Pentagon officials told NBC Nightly News.

The woman that nearly singlehandedly destroyed the reputation of the United States and its military? I think I'll pass.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Can you say "Cat 4"?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    At least she likes guys!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia
    At least she likes guys!
    DoD I don't see that as a plus.

I can't believe how much damage she has done to the good name of Slutty Army Enlisted Women Away From Home for the First Time in Their Lives (TM) the world over. I think PV1 (for life) England will be moving to a town very near me quite soon. I expect her to remain in residence for the next 10 to 15 years. I'll give her Cyburbia's regards once she is put on work details.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia
    At least she likes guys!
    Yeah, she likes guys so much that she doesn't hesitate to torture and humiliate them on camera

EDIT: I have had a little time to think about it and I am wondering now if the bug-eyed smiley means that was sarcasm -- ie, we are saying the same thing?
    Last edited by Michele Zone; 14 May 2004 at 2:52 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    This whole thing is horrible...but why do so many seemed surprized?.... those people who are in the military... are from the country of people who keep Howard Stern and others in business. A percentage of them are apt to be vulgar, a percentage honorable, a percentage gay, a percentage faithful to the church, a percentage democrat, a percentage recreational drug users, a percentage smart, a percent dumb as dust.....just like us... just because you are in the military doesn't make you into "stepford wife" of American idealism

Quite frankly, I was most surprised to find out that England wasn't a lesbian...
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

..and they wonder why we call them "trailer trash" Is anyobody really surprised that she grew up in a trailer in W. Virginia?

The one thing that I do believe is that the names of the male soldiers who participated in the sex acts should also be made public. We are all condemning her (and rightfully so) but what about all the guys that lined up to have a ride on the Lynndie? They should be held to the same standard as her.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    Quote Originally posted by Michele Zone
    .......EDIT: I have had a little time to think about it and I am wondering now if the bug-eyed smiley means that was sarcasm -- ie, we are saying the same thing?
    Now your getting it!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Why is everybody coming down so hard on this girl? Come on, girls just wanna fun, expecially WV girls :-P
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Repo Man
    The one thing that I do believe is that the names of the male soldiers who participated in the sex acts should also be made public. We are all condemning her (and rightfully so) but what about all the guys that lined up to have a ride on the Lynndie? They should be held to the same standard as her.
    I absolutely agree. (But I have also been called a "Gloria Steinem" -- kind of shocking after living the "barefoot and pregnant" lifestyle in my youth. )

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by el Guapo
    I think PV1 (for life) England will be moving to a town very near me quite soon. I expect her to remain in residence for the next 10 to 15 years. I'll give her Cyburbia's regards once she is put on work details.

Ahh yes - Leavenworth. Turning big rocks into little rocks. It's a tough job but i suppose someone has to do it. Personally, i think the whole chain of command needs to be loaned a pair of shackles and a sledgehammer.

The first thing CPL Resta learned in PLDC was -
    You can delegate authority but you can't delegate responsibility
    Indeed you can usually tell when the concepts of democracy and citizenship are weakening. There is an increase in the role of charity and in the worship of volunteerism. These represent the élite citizen's imitation of noblesse oblige; that is, of pretending to be aristocrats or oligarchs, as opposed to being citizens.

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by jresta
    Ahh yes - Leavenworth. Turning big rocks into little rocks.
    Actually, you can get a really cheap car wash done by hand on the Post.

Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by jresta
    Personally, i think the whole chain of command needs to be loaned a pair of shackles and a sledgehammer.
    Heh, could you imagine Rummy in prison orange with a sledge hammer?

Registered
    May 2003

"How'd They They Into Our Army, Anyway?"

After years of megabuck, unlimited post Cold War defense budgets (has anybody seen their "Peace Dividend?") this is what we get? I think, ladies and gentlemen, we've witnessed yet another shafting of the vox populi and a indication of what those folks in Athens felt like when they saw the Spartans at the gate....

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Miles,
    Nobody has said a word in response to my first comment, although I figured one of the former army guys would. Your question -- "how did they get into our military anyway??" -- is the same thing I said when I said "can you say 'cat 4'?". "Cat 4" is short for "category 4". In short, it means someone not qualified to join.

As I posted in the Irag Prison Photo Thread, and that I will repeat here: Lynndie England et al are pawns (who acted shamefully) at the hands of the CIA. I would not at all be surprised if we discover Mossad's involvement at some future date.
    Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration.
    Abraham Lincoln

Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Michele Zone
    Miles,
    Nobody has said a word in response to my first comment, although I figured one of the former army guys would. Your question -- "how did they get into our military anyway??" -- is the same thing I said when I said "can you say 'cat 4'?". "Cat 4" is short for "category 4". In short, it means someone not qualified to join.
    M.Z.:

Thanks for the tutorial; I'd not heard of "Cat 4" before. I guess it's my non-miitary existence; back in the days of the draft lottery, I had a real "high" number and didn't get to "join" and instead pursuing my undergraduate studies with my fellow "Cat 4's" @ ASU......

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Miles Ignatius
    M.Z.:

Thanks for the tutorial; I'd not heard of "Cat 4" before. I guess it's my non-miitary existence; back in the days of the draft lottery, I had a real "high" number and didn't get to "join" and instead pursuing my undergraduate studies with my fellow "Cat 4's" @ ASU......
    LOL. No, I don't think that is what "cat 4" means. I was avoiding the word "retard" but that is what it amounts to calling someone. :-} I appear to have Politically Corrected my way right out of actually communicating.

EDIT: And the other military folk may not know it because I don't think it is commonly used outside of recruiting circles. I know the term because my husband pulled 2 1/2 years or so of recruiting duty. The term also gets used as a slur. If I hadn't "outed" myself to agree with you, I probably could have gotten away with no one ever realizing that I had stooped so low. (You probably were a "category 1", which is a category they no longer use. They did away with categories one and two, lumping them in with category 3 -- all of which are qualified to serve. Cat 4 is still used and still means you scored too low to serve without a waiver. Which is The Straight Dope, according to Mr. Z.)
    Last edited by Michele Zone; 15 May 2004 at 7:23 PM.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I think they'll have to name all the men when they do the paternity test, she's about 5 months pregnant now.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Habanero
    I think they'll have to name all the men when they do the paternity test, she's about 5 months pregnant now.
    Gawd.

Unfortunately, not that uncommon in the military in a combat zone. It is my understanding that a) lots of women get sent back home due to pregnancy (one of the reasons my husband does not think women belong in the infantry) and b) lots of women in the military who get stationed some place really remote or in a combat zone get all the male attention they are willing to accept.

It is the law of supply and demand. The men aren't looking for a "relationship", just relief. And American soldiers who don't speak Arabic can't find a "working girl" in order to pay for it. Arab culture doesn't exactly have "street walkers", at least as far as I know. My husband was stationed in Saudi in 1993, when it was still a combat zone. He says they had to go to Riad for wine and women. Or to American enlistees who happened to be female. Women who want to live out their wildest fantasies, can. And they quickly get a reputation. I suspect most of the men look the other way and don't ask how many "boyfriends" she has. They have no intention of staying with her when they leave there anyway.

I reiterate: she doesn't look all that bright to me.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Gotta agree with Mr. Z on the whole women in combat thing - for just that reason. I saw too many guys chasing the same tail and it took their minds off of killing. In combat it is good to keep your mind on killing. Armys are about killing people and breaking their things. They are not police, social workers, taxi drivers, or referees. Do one thing and do it well.

I guess that shoots down my PC Guy of the year award. Crap.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by el Guapo
    Gotta agree with Mr. Z on the whole women in combat thing - for just that reason. I saw too many guys chasing the same tail and it took their minds off of killing. In combat it is good to keep your mind on killing. Armys are about killing people and breaking their things. They are not police, social workers, taxi drivers, or referees. Do one thing and do it well.

I guess that shoots down my PC Guy of the year award. Crap.
    We will find some way to white wash it and I will still vote for you when the PC Guy Of The Year Award comes 'round again.

My husband has other reasons as well, and they all make sense to me. But let me clarify that his position is about women in combat units. They are not presently allowed. Your standard would be more stringent. Women in combat areas are there in support units -- medics, finance people, folks refueling fighter jets but not flying them, etc. One of my husband's concerns is the fact that the PT standard is different for men and women. He is a little guy -- around 5' 7" or 5' 8" -- and has long worked out so he can literally pull his weight in the mechanized infantry. His job can involve pulling parts off the turret that weigh 80 to 100 pounds. In the front lines, you can't stop and ask the guy who looks like Arnold Schwarzenegger to do your job for you.

I don't know any first hand sources, but Mr. Z. says that Canada did an experiment where they allowed 100 women to go into the infantry on the condition that they pass the exact same standard as the men -- no sissy "PT for girls" type exceptions. Only 2 of the 100 women graduated. One requested that she not be sent to an infantry unit because it was just too hard. The other went to a unit but only lasted a few weeks before she requested a transfer out. She thought it would get easier and that basic training was intentionally a lot harder than what she would do day-to-day. It didn't get any easier. She concluded that she just couldn't sustain it over the long haul.

The short explanation: men and women are built different. (Duh!)

My basic reasoning is that ages 18 to 40 are prime soldiering years. For women, they are also prime child-bearing years. I just don't see how those two things will ever mix.

Registered
    May 2004
    New Army Promo:

1 Go to and explore exotic strange new lands,

2 Eat delicious exotic new foods.

3 Drink only the best imported wines.

4 Meet exotic attractive new people.

5 Then kill them.

Bob

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 2