Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Day weekend

Registered
    Aug 2001

Memorial Day weekend

It's not too soon to start making plans for this weekend. So what are your plans? Me, I'm going to starting packing for my move to the Sunshine State. My sons and I will also have a bbq with some friends. Oh yeah, and drink beer.
    Annoyingly insensitive

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    I was going to see my buddy in FL, but he got deployed (my biggest grief about the military) not long ago, so I’ll be chilling at the house. I’ll have a few of these , sleep in, work out, chase women (yeah right), and other unforeseen things.
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I believe I will be doing housework to get an unfinished bedrooom ready. Play golf if the wife has no objections (she usually does).

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Go on a bender that will put Krusty the Clown to shame.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Nov 2002
    I'll be having a blast moving over the weekend. Arrrggggh.... I am so sick of moving. The soon to be Mrs. Biscuit and I got a place across town (no more walking to work ) so I will be spending Friday-Monday moving her things up from her place an hour south of here, and then taking over what she's allowing me to keep of my stuff from my current apartment. I then get to spend the next week waiting sitting around, waiting on the cable guy, waiting on furniture delivery...... FUN!!!
    Last edited by biscuit; 26 May 2004 at 4:21 PM.

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Maister
    You mean your not going on your honeymoon with Teresa?

I shall get out the hammer and prepare to wack my head in with the claw end as I get ready to go on the road trip hell to florida on monday, for a week. Shoot me now.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Dec 2001
    We'll be busy packing for the move and helping our friends landscape their backyard. It's going to be f-u-n!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Gedunkerson soccer game Saturday, then finish filling/sanding/priming/painting window cases, door cases and baseboards in the kitchen (probably consuming most of Sunday and some Monday too). Bar-b-Que at the in-laws on the Ohio River Monday. Drop into Cyburbia from time to time.
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Mar 2003
    King B gets his girls for the weekend, it has been almost two months since we have had any contact with them so we will be enjoying them!
    It is all a matter of perspective!!!

Registered
    Nov 2002
    The SGB clan may be going to the Pocono Mountain region for the weekend. Still in the planning/debating phase.....
    All these years the people said he’s actin’ like a kid.
    He did not know he could not fly, so he did.
    - - Guy Clark, "The Cape"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We had our long weekend last weekend (Victoria Day)... I'm planning on doing yardwork this weekend (unless it rains).

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    You mean your not going on your honeymoon with Teresa?
    No, that's WHY I'm going on a bender. She ran off with Michaelskis during lunch - had two one way tickets to Vegas. I guess all that tough talk about deathmatches scared her away from me.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Fishing and camping with the kids and parents, Barbeque at one of my dad's cousins' house, family reunion (usually 120 to 150 people) at Aunt Betty's farm visit the gravesites of my relatives starting with my GGGgrandmother. Oh I almost forgot, I think my dad's half brother who went 40 years without contact with my grandfather will be to his first reunion. I'm the family historian, so I tend to get asked alot of questions by the old timers about people they remember when they were children.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    Speaking of benders, I have 30 gallons of beer to put into kegs. I will post pictures of start to finish next week!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    1st phase of moving stuff into our new apartment

We will enjoy the new apartment, which is twice the size of our current apt.
    Last edited by mendelman; 26 May 2004 at 4:55 PM.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Oct 2003
    No plans, but something always comes up.

Registered
    Nov 2003
    MS, Not Margaritaville, though we are building one
    No, that's WHY I'm going on a bender. She ran off with Michaelskis during lunch - had two one way tickets to Vegas. I guess all that tough talk about deathmatches scared her away from me.
    But I thought women loved men to fight over them… :-P I was betting on you anway, a man with a waterfowl as a pet is bound to be crazy in a fight.

Quote Originally posted by Rumpy Tunanator
    I shall get out the hammer and prepare to wack my head in with the claw end as I get ready to go on the road trip hell to florida on monday, for a week. Shoot me now.
    I've been a few times, Florida isn't that bad.
    “Ahh! Beer. So many choices. And it makes so little difference."
    - Bender

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Dragon
    I've been a few times, Florida isn't that bad.
    In these circumstances, *******, they are
    Last edited by Rumpy Tunanator; 26 May 2004 at 4:41 PM. Reason: To protect the innocent
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    May 2003

A Long Deferred Project!

I'm installing a....clothesline!

One of those T-bar, galvanized deals so I can take advantage of Colorado's splendid sunshine and reduce the amount of the check I write to the electric company to run that dryer!

By the way, I've got no conflicting covenants to deal with as my place is not in one of the up and coming botique 'hoods that frown on that sort of thing....

Registered
    Jun 2003
    If there isn't any rain/ thunder & lighting/ tornadoes

YES to Bike Riding, cleaning apt.
    NO to Drinking, Moving

May be go to the Spirit of Vincennes Rendezvous: http://www.spiritofvincennes.org/
    One of the Midwest’s premier Revolutionary War reenactments located next to the George Rogers Clark National Historical Park (NHP): http://www.nps.gov/gero/
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Miles Ignatius
    I'm installing a....clothesline!

One of those T-bar, galvanized deals so I can take advantage of Colorado's splendid sunshine and reduce the amount of the check I write to the electric company to run that dryer!

By the way, I've got no conflicting covenants to deal with as my place is not in one of the up and coming botique 'hoods that frown on that sort of thing....
    Have kids? I put one of those in last year, and my son took it out during a game of football. They just don't make them like they used to.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia
    Speaking of benders, I have 30 gallons of beer to put into kegs. I will post pictures of start to finish next week!
    I've had 5 gallons of mead (jest plain ol' clover honey) sitting in carboy #2 (traditionally my secondary fermenter) for about 18 months now (yes, the gravity really is changing) and I was going to bottle this weekend...the trouble is I need a few more pint bottles and I am morally opposed to purchasing empty bottles expressly for filling with my brew - no, I gotta drain about 8 more Grolsch this holiday weekend to ensure sufficient bottle supply. Here in MI its too tempting when low on cash to turn in your empties at 10 cents/piece...nasty habit.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    We'll enjoy the annual Greek Festival with friends in the Big Easy! Opa!
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

I plan to hang out with the kids, do a bit of the Cub Scout camping thing and hopefully do some bike riding here:

A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    --Bill Cosby

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. 2012 Memorial Day
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 28 May 2012, 6:52 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last post: 31 May 2011, 8:45 AM
  3. Memorial Day
    Friday Afternoon Club