Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: AICP Exam Update

Registered
    May 2002

AICP Exam Update

I just wanted to know if anyone has insider information about when we may hear results from the AICP exam. Any information, please respond. Thanks

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

July

Typically AICP notifies the exam takers of their results during the first 2 weeks of July. Don't expect to see anything earlier.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

I think a trained chimp could grade those exams faster than APA.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Apr 1996
    jtfortin wrote:
    I think a trained chimp could grade those exams faster than APA.
    APA doesn't score them. They hire a testing company to prepare, administer, and score the exams. The usual reason for the length of time to receive results is that once all the scores are tabulated, the exams are then scaled, and the passing score is determined, and all the materials are preparedfor exam takers, etc.

It seems long, but I didn't think it was too unreasonable when I took the exam.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2002
    Does anyone know if the percentage of those passing/failing are published anywhere? I seem to remember someone telling me that in the lates 90's the passing rate was in the 70%'s? That seems pretty high for a national certification test?

Registered
    Apr 1996
    Check with your Chapter Professional Development Officer.

I remember that when I got the results last year there was an insert breaking down pass/fail nationally and by chapter. PDO's should probably have access to that info.

I guess that two months is not terrible, I am just anxious to find out if I passed. With all of the advances in technology, you would think they could do this in a matter of 2-3 weeks. I also heard they were switching to a computer-based test sometime in the future...maybe that will speed up the process.
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Maybe they'll be stupid like last year and update their membership roster on the web prior to notifying applications that they passed - might want to check that out.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    bturk is right. I was a victim of AICP's jacked up test results notification system last year.

Registered
    Apr 2002

Has anyone tried to look at the APA directory yet?

I was wondering if anyone on the board has checked and seen if their membership changed from APA to AICPon the APA site. I guess this was about the time last year people noticed the change before receiving it in the mail.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. AICP exam update frequency?
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 1
    Last post: 05 May 2013, 12:23 PM
  2. AICP exam in 11/07
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 23
    Last post: 02 May 2008, 6:14 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last post: 02 Apr 2008, 1:46 PM