Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: July is American Beer Month!

Registered
    Dec 2001

July is American Beer Month!

I usually don't get all that caught up in "National Mint Toothpick Week", and "Spaghetti History Month", but this a feel-good month I can feel.....good about.

http://www.americanbeermonth.com/

Time to get some party favors!
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    I have a friend who is going out east for the 4th and bringing back a case of Yuengling Lager, (from America's Oldest Brewery!) in honor of beer month.
    The most foolish thing one can do this fall is to vote for Clinton or Trump. Wake up, get out of the matrix, and send a message to the political establishment that you won't play their game.

Registered
    May 2003

Yes! A reason To Live!

Time to get some party favors![/QUOTE]

...and I second the motion. Without realizing it, I was already celebrating - this past weekend was the Colorado Brewer's Festival in Fort Collins - a stellar event in all respects and an affirmation of my claim that "now's the best time to be alive because of all that beer."

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I'm going to celebrate with a cold glass of Coors Light!

Seriously, I think I discovered my new local yesterday. Saison Dupont and Gumballhead on tap, and the overall lack of light, sold me.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    I have a friend who is going out east for the 4th and bringing back a case of Yuengling Lager, (from America's Oldest Brewery!) in honor of beer month.
    the pride of pennsylvania! i'd bathe in their black & tan if my wife didn't object...

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    Yuengling is pretty good stuff... and darn cheap! I have to pick out my cheap camping beer for next week....but going up north to the 'dacks and may have to drink red wine instead to keep warm!
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Sam Adams on tap....mmmmmmmm

Registered
    Feb 2000
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    I think I discovered my new local yesterday. Saison Dupont and Gumballhead on tap, and the overall lack of light, sold me.
    Yes, but can you crawl from the new local to home?

I've got some of the bartenders at Queen B's hang out making "snake bites" properly. Those bastards got it wrong for about a month.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Bring on the Guinness!
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Everyone should take advantage of this month to broaden their beer horizons (maybe your waistlines too!) and try a beer you wouldn't otherwise try. Maybe you want to try a nice fruity-sour Framboise lambic or perhaps well aged Thomas Hardey's barleywine. I frequently recommend to folks who are used to drinking American lagers (Bud, Miller, Pabst, Coors etc.) that they start out trying a fine Dutch lager called Grolsch.
    www.Grolsch.com
    Sweet, smooth, refreshing......aaaah! Only 6 more hours till 5:00 pm!

And by all means if you have a local microbrewery - support your local economy first (Think global drink local)!

Oh wait - its AMERICAN beer month. Forget the Fram, Hardey's, and Grolsch stick your micros....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Maybe we should all attempt to drink one beer from every state this month. The person with the most states wins.

o o o o o
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Repo Man
    Maybe we should all attempt to drink one beer from every state this month. The person with the most states wins.

o o o o o
    If anyone enjoys a particularly good beer in the upcoming month, please report back to the thread. If you don't, the macrobrewers have already won.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    I just posted a thread asking if you make beer, but it seems to have been deleted. It had a great pome about beer, asked for recipes, but nope, I guess the moderators would not let me ask it. I wish they would have let me known...

Oh well... anyone have any beer kit recipes that they would like to share?
    The most foolish thing one can do this fall is to vote for Clinton or Trump. Wake up, get out of the matrix, and send a message to the political establishment that you won't play their game.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    hmm i saw it.. i wondered where it went.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    I just posted a thread asking if you make beer, but it seems to have been deleted. It had a great pome about beer, asked for recipes, but nope, I guess the moderators would not let me ask it. I wish they would have let me known...

Oh well... anyone have any beer kit recipes that they would like to share?
    [Mod Hat]

The "Neverending Beer thread" was deleted....since we talk about beer in enough other threads, it seemed like there were plenty of other threads where the topic could be discussed, rather than starting another neverending post pad thread. Feel free to start a beer thread.....but have a topic in mind other than "neverending"

[/Mod Hat]
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Feb 2000
    WAIT A SECOND, you mean the MODS keep a neverending bike and internet joke thread going indefinitely, but the neverending beer thread was closed. How about a little equity to account for human priorities that appear in clusters. For example, me, myself and I plan on celebrating July with at least a six pack a day of something different. What we really need is a beer tasting contest at the next significant (they're all significant, I mean substantial in terms of living, breathing Cyburbanities) Laefest.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Repo Man

o o o o o
    Well, I gotta believe I hold a promising lead already. So far I have experienced the following states this month: tipsy, sloshed, buzzed, pissed to the gills, inebriated, and drunk....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Least favorite month(s)
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 32
    Last post: 24 Aug 2012, 1:21 PM
  2. Favorite Month
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 39
    Last post: 15 Aug 2005, 10:32 PM
  3. Replies: 48
    Last post: 05 Jun 2005, 5:43 PM