Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1703

Thread: The NEVERENDING Beer Thread

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    I picked up a sixer of that for Mrs. Bubba - I'll post her opinion of it whenever she gets around to actually drinking one...
    Here is her review of the Leinenkugel's apple spice beer: "That's different."
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jan 2007
    Terrapin is having their grand opening tomorrow. Some of you folks in the area should attend! I am planning to be there.

http://flagpole.com/Music/CalendarPi...ing/2008-03-26

http://www.ajc.com/search/content/li...apin_0314.html
    Responsible Beverage Server since March 26th, 2008

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by graciela View post
    Terrapin is having their grand opening tomorrow. Some of you folks in the area should attend! I am planning to be there.
    Dadgummit, I can't make it. I'll get over there for a tour at some point...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jan 2007
    The grand opening was pretty amazing yesterday. I think there were around 1600 people there, way more than anyone imagined. I think madhouse would be a good term for it.

Sorry you couldn't make it Bubba, but I think you will enjoy a regular tour much more than you would have the grand opening shindig.
    Responsible Beverage Server since March 26th, 2008

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Wow - 1,600. Good for Terrapin. Probably a good thing I wasn't there - I don't deal well with crowds - someone might jostle me and spill my beer.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Full page ad in USA TODAY by http://herestobeer.com

to celebrate the 75th anniversay of the repeal of prohibition
    Cullen-Harrison Act went into effect today allowing people to drink beer.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    The annual Hickory Hops Fesitval is this SaturdayOnce again too many beers to taste and only 6 hours to do it
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Sam Adams beer recall:

Boston Beer Co., the brewer of Samuel Adams craft beers, said it is recalling an undetermined amount of beer because of defective bottles that may contain glass particles.

The company said the defective bottles came from a glass company that provides Boston Beer with about a quarter of its bottles. The "small grains or bits of glass" were discovered during a quality control operation at the firm's Cincinnati brewery, Boston Beer said. The problem was confirmed Friday, and traced to bottles coming from a single manufacturing plant.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    The annual Hickory Hops Fesitval is this SaturdayOnce again too many beers to taste and only 6 hours to do it
    Enjoy; because i have procrastinated on my taxes i have a Saturday afternoon appointment with my accountant. But I have some terrapin rye squared for afterwards.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I wish Sam Adams had a better sampler pack in the Mid West. They have their ‘Winter Classics’ just before Christmas, but I can’t find anything like that for their warm weather brews.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Calling Prana and all other hop heads

Once again the beer fest was very good. Over 30 brewers showed up from NC, GA, SC, MD, TN, & CO.
    Favs from the tasting included:
    Duck Rabbit (Farmville, NC) Russian Imperial Stout (10% abv) & Milk Stout - but I missed the Barleywine,
    Foothills Brewery (Winston-Salem, NC) Seeing Double IPA & Rainbow Trout ESB,
    Top of the Hill (Chapel Hill, NC) Rams Head IPA,
    Sweetwater Brewing (Atlanta, GA) 420 Extra Pale Ale,
    Terrapin Brewing (Athens, GA) India-Style Brown Ale,
    Oskar Blues (Lyons, CO) Old Chub & Gordon.

Of course there were many many more (for a full list go to www.hickoryhops.com), but good music, friends, beer, & weather are never a bad thing.
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Column detailing one man's list of the world's 10 most disgusting beers.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    DARWIN, Australia (AP) -- An Australian driver who secured a carton of beer in his car with a seat belt but left a 5-year-old child unrestrained was fined 750 Australian dollars ($710; €460), police said Tuesday.

Constable Wayne Burnett said he was "shocked and appalled" when he pulled over the unregistered car on Friday in the central Australian town of Alice Springs.

The 30-can carton was strapped in between the two adults sitting in the back seat of the car. The child was also in back, on the vehicle's floor.

"The child was sitting in the lump in the center, unrestrained," Burnett told reporters Tuesday.

"I haven't ever seen something like this before," he said. "This is the first time that the beer has taken priority over a child."

The driver was fined for driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle, and for failing to ensure a child was wearing a seat belt.

Alice Springs Police Superintendent Sean Parnell expressed shock at the incident in a statement released Tuesday.

"This serves as a timely reminder to all drivers to ensure they wear seat belts and ensure as is their responsibility that all passengers in their vehicle are secured in the appropriate manner," he said.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    While on vacation I and a Triple Stout from Trinidad called Mickelson (or something similar).

It was nice and smooth, but I found it to be too sweet for me.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    May 2004
    I find the recent trend of microbreweries offering double IPA's to be both delicious and disasterous .

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    While on vacation I and a Triple Stout from Trinidad called Mickelson (or something similar).

It was nice and smooth, but I found it to be too sweet for me.
    Was it this?

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    This morning, the Rocky Mountain News put on an article regarding the differences between 3.2% beer and regular beer. Interesting read.

This was done becuase our blue law is getting dissolved and we'll be able to buy liquor, wine and full strength beer on Sundays beginning in July.

Article from the Rocky
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by zmanPLAN View post
    This morning, the Rocky Mountain News put on an article regarding the differences between 3.2% beer and regular beer. Interesting read.

This was done becuase our blue law is getting dissolved and we'll be able to buy liquor, wine and full strength beer on Sundays beginning in July.

Article from the Rocky
    Somebody needs to tell South Carolina that....
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Story on NPR -
    TITLE: Action Needed to Halt Staggering Cost of Beer
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=90483748

HIGHLIGHT:
    The world's most important liquid is more expensive than it used to be. No, not oil. Beer.
    Is that true beer is more important than oil ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Nov 2005
    Today is our semi-regular office beer swap. Our fair Commonwealth makes it difficult (and espensive!) to purchase beer in anything but a full case - no running to the grocery store and buying a six pack for us. Eight of us purchased a case and will split them up and mix-and-match over lunch. Instant variety pack!

Needless to say, it is difficult to work on a Friday when you know there are eight cases of good beer in the office.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Apr 2005
    Bad news: My microbrew source will no longer be selling microbrews. They have a distribution problem and now feel the various micro/macros delivered by budmillercoors will fill the demand

Good news: All remaining micros are on sale for $2.50 per six pack. I bought most of what was left. When thats gone I will have to drive to Champaign.

TOFB, where's the best place in Champaign for good beer?

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    I find the recent trend of microbreweries offering double IPA's to be both delicious and disasterous .
    I am currently sitting on my patio drinking a 20th Anniversary Imperial IPA from Anderson Valley Brewing Company. it's good - but I have had better (and the 22oz was 7 bucks).

If you ever spot some Mad River Double IPA and you like hoppy brews, buy it. You won't regret it.

Next on my list tonight is some Hoegarden White Beer. Haven't tried that yet.

Registered
    Apr 2004
    Blog entries
    I am currently sipping a Springboard Spring Ale from our local New Belgium brewery.
    You get all squeezed up inside/Like the days were carved in stone/You get all wired up inside/And it's bad to be alone

You can go out, you can take a ride/And when you get out on your own/You get all smoothed out inside/And it's good to be alone
    -Peart

Registered
    Mar 2008
    I am a wheat bier fiend.

Seriously... a FIEND.

Hoegaarden, Franziskaner!, Oberon... (my faves)

If you're in MKE or Madison and want to go out for a wheat beer, I'm game.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Never thought I"d say this, but ... the fridge is starting to look empty. Sure, there's still a bunch of big Belgian 750s, and some esoteric rauchbiers, but no 12 ounce/355 ml everyday drinkers, except for a lone bottle of Unibroue Maudite. No wheats, no pale ales, no IPAs, no nothing.

Tomorrow, on my daily errand-running stroll through the inner-ring suburb I call home, I'm going to stop at the local beer store and pick up a couple of sixes of wheat; none American craft, another German. I hope they have some Southern Tier Hop Sun.

+ Reply to thread
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING beer price thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 11
    Last post: 17 Feb 2014, 1:34 PM
  2. Replies: 78
    Last post: 05 Jul 2013, 1:16 PM
  3. The Beer Swap Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 73