Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Planning Department??

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    also...my house value has been going up about 25+% per year...I was told it goes up about 7-8% up there. If I sold my house...moved there...didn't like it...even if I got my old job back I wouldn't be able to afford a house down here again!... so the old saying would ring true..."that you can never go back"
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by tsc
    also... If I sold my house...moved there...didn't like it...even if I got my old job back I wouldn't be able to afford a house down here again!... so the old saying would ring true..."that you can never go back"
    I feel your pain. I've just moved from a place with crazy low prices, where I owned a house out right. When I sell the "castle", the money I get for it won't even cover closing costs in the market I hope to buy in.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

     
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner
    Hmmm.....their HR guy only sent me the Senior and Associate Planner (and a department secretary) to post on NNECAPA......I'll have to put a bug in the ear of a particular planner from Burlington that happens to be the NNECAPA prez.....
    I was curious if you found out whether or not Burlington's Director's position is still open or already filled by somebody from within the department. The position is still advertised on the APA and NNECAPA websites.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Quote Originally posted by Zeus
    I was curious if you found out whether or not Burlington's Director's position is still open or already filled by somebody from within the department. The position is still advertised on the APA and NNECAPA websites.
    It is open.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff
    Wow! Gardner, KS did the same thing to me... and I was one of the two finalists! I'm not sure I'd have been happy there anyway. (Too close to El Guapo)
    Hey!

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Planning department cooperation
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 02 Jul 2012, 10:53 AM
  2. Planner for the NYC Department of Planning
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 13 Aug 2007, 1:34 PM