Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: APA Awards

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries

APA Awards

Has anyone prepared an APA national award nomination?? Just giving it a gander...deadline is beginning of September. Maybe we should nominate our leader for the Distinguished Leadership Award for a Professional Planner:

This award recognizes a sustained contribution to the profession through distinguished practice, teaching, or writing.

Eligibility. Nominated individuals may not enter themselves and must be employed within the practice of planning, whether in the public, for-profit or nonprofit sector. APA membership not required.

Effectiveness/Results. To what extent has the nominee been effective in formulating and implementing its plans and ideas and furthered the cause of planning? Where has this effectiveness been realized?
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Thanks for the thoughts, but I think there's others out there who are far more deserving. Besides, there's a lot of others out there who help keep this site running. If the APA has some award for IT ... maybe. Otherwise, if nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.

I'm just a principal planner in the suburbs of Cleveland. The work I do is important, but sadly nothing that will make the front page of Planning magazine anytime soon.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Apr 2003
    [wise a$$] I would like to nominate my self. Thank you but I choose to decline the nomination, but I am honored. [/wise a$$]
    "A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong, gives it a superficial appearance of being right, and raises at first a formidable outcry in defense of custom. Time makes more converts than reason." - Thomas Paine Common Sense.

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    I am actually preparing a nomination for a plan... yippee...
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Awards protocol
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 05 Dec 2008, 11:18 AM
  2. [IowaAPA] Iowa APA Awards
    APA Iowa Chapter
    Replies: 0