Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Fort Bonifacio

Fort Bonifacio

So I just heard that there is an entirely new major metropolitan area in the Philippines for 250,000 residents and another 750,000 people commuting to offices and business. That's a really large scale master-planned community. Does anyone have information on this?

Registered
    Mar 2004

Outsourced Cities

No, but I have no doubt that these new cities are being aided by outsourced 12c an hour jobs from the US. Very similar to the border towns of Mexico from the 70's-present....Do a web search on Maquiladoras. Little time for planning and no money for infrastructure, were and are, a major problem in Mexico. If your really interested, contact someone at USAID (Agency for International Development). Also, check the incidence of disease in these new "Asian Maquiladora's", (not sure what the filipino word is) Cholera, Typhus, Dysentery, Typhoid and on and on and on......I would be shocked to hear of any significant planning of these cities....
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Mar 2004

Shock and Awe....

Quote Originally posted by brandonmason
    You got me....I'm shocked.....I didn't know there were 250,000 consultants, foreign service workers and in general, upper middle class (by US standards) people that can afford what the web site shows....That must be every well paid person in Manila Talk about your class divides and economic segregation I'm sure the City will have guard towers around it to keep the riff raff out....That's the last thing I hear Manila needs is to promote those with money leaving the City for some huge well to do suburb.....See the link:

http://www.keepmedia.com:/Register.do?oliID=225

$660 per square meter (about $73/sf) is a Singapore type of development...
    Last edited by The One; 21 Jul 2004 at 12:45 PM.
    Skilled Adoxographer

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by The One
    You got me....I'm shocked.....I didn't know there were 250,000 consultants, foreign service workers and in general, upper middle class (by US standards) people that can afford what the web site shows....That must be every well paid person in Manila Talk about your class divides and economic segregation I'm sure the City will have guard towers around it to keep the riff raff out....That's the last thing I hear Manila needs is to promote those with money leaving the City for some huge well to do suburb.....
    Well, each family in the "City" will need at least two or three servants, so you can expect a shantytown to spring up within a decade.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Check out the web site for the developer:
    http://www.ayalaland.com.ph/project_page.asp
    prices at:
    http://www.ayalaland.com.ph/Admin/Im...8.04%20WEB.pdf

8 million pesos = $140,000 for a 2 bed (all the same) , 1013sf unit (all same size)
    12 million pesos = $215,000 for the same unit on the pool!
    Not all that much less than many parts of the US...getting Filthy Filthy Rich on the backs of the dollar or less an hour laborers.....

And yes, there will be huge demand for nanny's drivers and cooks ......all of which will walk miles or take the bus to work....
    Skilled Adoxographer

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Fort Dodge, Iowa
    Cities and Places
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 30 Nov 2009, 3:03 PM
  2. Gentrification in Roxbury (Fort Hill)
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 10 Jun 2009, 2:05 PM
  3. Why Fort Pierce, FL is going to hell
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 16 Dec 2006, 10:18 AM
  4. Blair Witch Desk Fort
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 17 Jan 2006, 2:57 PM
  5. Big Box Design Standards/Fort Collins