Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I am looking for my first house!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by pandersen
    Check the hydro service - a 100AMP service will do, but a 200AMP service provides flexibility for remodelling and installation of "mod cons" such as central a/c.
    You might also want to check out your electrical service, too.

Seriously, 100 amps isn't much. My 800 square foot bungalow in Denver had 150 amp service. The rancher in Florida had a mighty 250 amp box; it could leap off the wall and invade a small Eastern European country if it wanted.

Quote Originally posted by Habanero
    You be amazed how much you can get, we even got items I didn't think we'd get because we bought new- but they really want buyers and can negotiate.
    East of Cleveland, there are no new starter or mid-level houses. Everything under construction is move-up or high end, and you would be very hard-pressed to find anything under $250,000 or $300,000 unless you actually went past the metro area into Ashtabula County. Even townhouses and patio homes on the East SIde are expensive. South and west of Cleveland is a different story, but the majority of new build is still out of my price range; $200K and up.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Ouch! I wish I could find houses like that around here. I will be checking out these on the weekend:

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1038406574

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1036799596

If anyone has knowledge of good places to look in the north to west Denver metro area, let me know.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal
    If anyone has knowledge of good places to look in the north to west Denver metro area, let me know.
    You could check out my old neighborhood ... the West Highlands area in northwest Denver. It's about two miles west of downtown Denver, and very convenient to I-25 and I-70. However, West Highlands is in the midst of gentrification; houses there run about $250 a square foot. That's cheap for the city, though.

I can give you a recommendation for a real estate agent that helped me buy and sell my house there.

There's downtown Louisville and Golden, too. Golden to Denver is a 25 minute drive down US 6; it's usually a straight shot with little delay outside of rush hour. Louisville would put you 35 minutes away from downtown Denver.

Registered
    Sep 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff
    I have a great house for you in SW Missouri!

Only 43,000... A real bargain.
    I'll see your $43k and offer one for $23k CDN.

If you want it can be dismantled and shipped to you.
    Too lazy to beat myself up for being to lazy to beat myself up for being too lazy to... well you get the point....

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Dan
    There's downtown Louisville and Golden, too. Golden to Denver is a 25 minute drive down US 6; it's usually a straight shot with little delay outside of rush hour. Louisville would put you 35 minutes away from downtown Denver.
    I am interested in Golden. Work is 20 miles north, and Denver is close, so I won't be at a geographic disadvantage when it comes to dating. The mountains are drawing me, though....
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.

This Beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home could be mine for only $180,000. This is why I am not looking in the city that I work in. It is just about twice what I would like to pay.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    This Beautiful 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home could be mine for only $180,000. This is why I am not looking in the city that I work in. It is just about twice what I would like to pay.
    How about these?

http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1038177330
    http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1038438348
    http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1038365122

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Cardinal
    I am interested in Golden. Work is 20 miles north, and Denver is close, so I won't be at a geographic disadvantage when it comes to dating. The mountains are drawing me, though....

If you get to Golden say hi to my friend

Ok, he's not really my friend, but I met him once and he bought (kind of) the beer.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    [back ground noise] Welcome to the jungle [/back ground noise]
    From what I am told, those are not in a nice neighborhood, that is why they are only 25k.
    Not my monkey, not my circus. - Old Polish Proverb

Registered
    Oct 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    [back ground noise] Welcome to the jungle [/back ground noise]
    From what I am told, those are not in a nice neighborhood, that is why they are only 25k.
    Not to mention they are less than 1000 sq.ft. and are in need of massive amounts of money.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 29
    Last post: 24 Mar 2011, 2:25 PM
  2. Replies: 32
    Last post: 07 Apr 2009, 2:25 PM
  3. What should I do to buy a house?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 53
    Last post: 20 Mar 2006, 5:06 PM
  4. House Colors