Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Links to Gallery

Registered
    Oct 2001

Links to Gallery

I have a decent camera. I like architectural photography. I like to go on super-long walks in San Francisco and other Bay Area towns. So, I need to get off my lazy butt and bring the camera along.

How do you feel about picture threads that are also linked to urbanphoto.net. Does that create bandwidth problems, and would there be a way to "make up for it"? Just curious, Dan.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jan 2003
    The general rule is that we allow you to put your photos up on other boards IF and only IF you put a similar thread in Cyburbia. And always remember, use but don't abuse Hence if you're going to hotlink to the cyburbia gallery try not to hotlink from high traffic sites (like FARK or similar)

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Skel is correct. Hotlinking your pics is OK....as long as there's a related thread here on Cyburbia.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I'll be redundant, and point out the Gallery Rules link at the top of the Cyburbia Galery pages.

Hotlinking is a privilege, not a right

When multiple images in the Cyburbia Gallery are hotlinked to threads in other bulletin boards (skyscrapercity.com, skyscraperpage.com, urbanphoto.net, skyscraperamerica.com, etc) by their owners, a similar post must also be made in the Cyburbia Forums.

Please ask for permission before hotlinking an image from a very busy site, such as Slashdot or Fark.

Cyburbia moderators monitor other bulletin boards and check site logs to ensure hotlinking is not abused. Leechers may have their Gallery posting privileges revoked and their images removed.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Sounds fair. I guess I could have actually read the rules first. :/

+ Reply to thread