Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Teresa Heinz Kerry is so dignified

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.

Teresa Heinz Kerry is so dignified

Good for her...

I am a Bush supporter, but I have a new respect for her. She spoke her mind and told him what do to.

BUT a wise man once told me not to argue with a man who buys his ink by the barrel. Especially being that she argued with one at the democratic national convention where her husband is to be named the democratic presidential candidate with several other news agencies around her.
    There is no such thing as failure, only learning experiences. However, it is our choice to learn the lesson and change or not.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis
    BUT a wise man once told me not to argue with a man who buys his ink by the barrel.
    And a drunk man once told me never to do shots with a man who buys whiskey by the barrel.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Good for her...
    BUT a wise man once told me not to argue with a man who buys his ink by the barrel. Especially being that she argued with one at the democratic national convention where her husband is to be named the democratic presidential candidate with several other news agencies around her.
    Doesn't really matter. The reporter was from a newspaper who's editorial page makes Fox News seem downright leftist. In fact, the Trib's owner is a big donor to conservative causes and political campaigns.

But this is not the first time her outspoken nature has landed her in the news during the campaign. Could her candor be a liability?

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by biscuit
    Doesn't really matter. The reporter was from a newspaper who's editorial page makes Fox News seem downright leftist. In fact, the Trib's owner is a big donor to conservative causes and political campaigns.
    It is not her word v his because CNN (Clinton News Network) has video it the incident on line, and have aired it several times. Every news network will have it for their 5pm news.

But this is not the first time her outspoken nature has landed her in the news during the campaign. Could her candor be a liability?
    As for liability, I think it could. To say that to a colleague would be one thing, but to a reporter, in a room full of other reporters, with camera's on you, and not care would make her a liability. This woman wants to be 1st lady?
    There is no such thing as failure, only learning experiences. However, it is our choice to learn the lesson and change or not.

Registered
    Aug 2001
    This woman wants to be 1st lady?
    Who was that reporter from the NYTimes Bush and Cheney regarded as a dirty bumhole a couple of years back? That didn't hurt them.

Who was that wifey that became a Senator who said she could stay home and bake cookies while her hubby blazed a trail as the Cumback Kid? That didn't hurt Clinton.

I love the double-standard here.

And I just love how the media sticks to the issues.

Registered
    Oct 2002
    Blog entries
    A friend of mine,, who is a registered republican <yes I do know some> said he would vote for Kerry because he thinks it will be a hoot to have Teresa as first lady...
    "Yeehaw!" is not a foreign policy

Renovating the '62 Metzendorf
    http://metzendorf.blogspot.com/

Registered
    Oct 2001
    It must not have hurt her with all of them because I heard an interview with her on NPR this morning where she got nothing but softballs and warm fuzzies. But I do hope we treat our potential, current and past first ladies with dignity in the press - no matter who's politics they ascribe to.

Now the "first man", my guess is he will get the **** kicked out of him in the press. Both Field and Stream and NASCAR Today can be brutal on men whose wives have better jobs.

Registered
    Nov 2002
    This woman wants to be 1st lady?
    Why not. I like the idea of having first ladies that are a bitout spoken and more than just hostesess. In fact, if Teresa Heinz Kerry runs the White House the way I've heard she has run the Heinz Foundation (That's what she does. Her job has nothing to do with making ketchup.) then she'll be a more than capable first lady.

Oh, and suprise, suprise! From the front page of a fore mentioned Tribune-Review newspaper.
    Remark shoves Heinz Kerry into spotlight

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Teresa Heinz

The NEO-Con's/RADCONS are just upset that Teresa Heinz isn't the ideal 1950's closed mouthed/repressed "yes" wife that Bush is.....what's her name again......????
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Dec 2003
    I'm just glad there is Huntz Catsup.
    A guy once told me, "Do not have any attachments, do not have anything in your life you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you spot the heat around the corner."

Neil McCauley (Robert DeNiro): Heat 1995

Registered
    Aug 2003
    Yeah... That's way worse than what Cheney said. :rolleyes:

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Why not. I like the idea of having first ladies that are a bitout spoken and more than just hostesess. In fact, if Teresa Heinz Kerry runs the White House the way I've heard she has run the Heinz Foundation (That's what she does. Her job has nothing to do with making ketchup.) then she'll be a more than capable first lady.

Oh, and suprise, suprise! From the front page of a fore mentioned Tribune-Review newspaper.
    Remark shoves Heinz Kerry into spotlight
    I think that someone in the position that she is in should have the self-control not to say or do something like that when the world is watching. Everyone mentions how the Conservative Party is so conflict happy, but it is nothing if a liberal says something like that. I have watched the clip a few times, and I think that she was down right rude to the reporter. At first I thought that he was just a typical tabloid reporter, but to ask for a clarification from something that every reporter, even the liberal ones, said that she said, then for her to deny it and say shove it is not such a good thing. But then again, like husband like wife… “I did not say that”… as the clip is playing in the back ground!

Oh and I hate ketchup, no matter who makes it.

Quote Originally posted by Cirrus
    Yeah... That's way worse than what Cheney said. :rolleyes:
    In many ways it is... when you talk bad about your boss while having a beer with the boys is one thing, but to say it over the PA system at work is another. One is not good but happens, the other is stupid.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    Did you forget about "go **** yourself" already?

My experience is that when the media is wrong, they need to be shown the error of their ways. Whether telling them to "shove it" is the best way -- well let's just say that there have been times I wished I could have been more colorful than that. But then, I'm just a lowly planner in some hooiser outpost: I'm not the spouse of the candidate for the most powerful office on earth.
    Je suis Charlie Hebdo. Je suis Bataclan. Je suis Bruxelles. Je suis Nice.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Did you forget about "go **** yourself" already?
    Which was said to a colleague, in during a photo shoot. It is nothing that we have not said about members of congress.

This was said to a press person whom she did not know personally with 1000 cameras on her, in a context where she had said something that needed clarification, at an event to name her husband the presidential candidate. Not the best public relations move.

Quote Originally posted by Gedunker
    My experience is that when the media is wrong, they need to be shown the error of their ways. Whether telling them to "shove it" is the best way -- well let's just say that there have been times I wished I could have been more colorful than that. But then, I'm just a lowly planner in some hooiser outpost: I'm not the spouse of the candidate for the most powerful office on earth.
    But the press was not wrong in this case. She said something stupid, he just wanted clarification, and she denied saying it, then she blew up at him. Otherwise I agree. At first I thought that it was the press doing something wrong. More I looked into it, they did not do anything wrong.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    It's about time that the Democratic Party got a backbone. Time for a good old fashioned political bloodletting.

Let the games comense, and may they be vicious and brutal! :d:
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Dec 1998
    And THIS is one of the most dignified acts I've seen in quite a while....

"A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Planderella
    And THIS is one of the most dignified acts I've seen in quite a while....
    I agree that it was a bit childish, but she is 22, not running for office, her husband is not running for office, she has no real political influence and I do not think that she had much say in the matter when her dad decided to become president.

Kerry's wife though... she did.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    So a podium and microphone make a big time difference, eh? What a major league ass hole!

Remember that one?

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia
    It's about time that the Democratic Party got a backbone. Time for a good old fashioned political bloodletting. :d:
    Amen to that. Even though she was a registered Republican before Kerry decided to make a run for the White House, I think Teresa, with her fire-brand personality, is good for the Democratic Party. It's about time they had someone in the spotlight that isn't afraid to step on toes. I usually don't watch the sycophantic orgies that that we call political conventions but I will tune in tonight to hear her speech and to see whether or not the DNC tries to have her come accross as a bit more demure. I certainly hope not.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    So a podium and microphone make a big time difference, eh? What a major league ass hole!

Remember that one?
    That one I do not remember... did the person deserve it? In this case, if the reporter deserved the comment, then she would have all right to say it, and I would applaud her for it, and would want more people to be like that... But it has become evident from many sources that he did not deserve it, therefore I can not justify a reason to support it.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    I agree that it was a bit childish, but she is 22, not running for office, her husband is not running for office, she has no real political influence and I do not think that she had much say in the matter when her dad decided to become president.

Kerry's wife though... she did.
    It does not matter who she is or what she is doing (or not doing) in life, at 22, she should know better than to stick her tongue out at anyone, especially in public. To me, this action is no different than Cheney telling someone to go **** himself or Teresa Heinz Kerry telling a reporter to shove off. If you want to hold people, particularly those who live under the microscopic eye of the media and public, to a certain standard, then you have to apply that standard to ALL not just one or the other.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Planderella
    It does not matter who she is or what she is doing (or not doing) in life, at 22, she should know better than to stick her tongue out at anyone, especially in public. To me, this action is no different than Cheney telling someone to go **** himself or Teresa Heinz Kerry telling a reporter to shove off. If you want to hold people, particularly those who live under the microscopic eye of the media and public, to a certain standard, then you have to apply that standard to ALL not just one or the other.
    Do people hold Hilton Hotels responsible for everything that Paris Hilton does, or Lyonel Richie and his record company being held responsible for Nicole Richie? If a spouse did something, then it would have a bit more of an impact.

A childish act is one thing, a direct, undeserving act is another. If the reporter deserved it, I would whole heartily agree with you. But it has been proven that he was trying to do the right thing by asking for clarification on an issue. She was in the hole, holding the shovel. She decided to keep digging.

I wish the reported deserved the comment… then I would think that she was cool, and that she would help the campaign.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I don't think that I'm holding GWB responsible for his daughter sticking out her tongue. She should just know better. She's the daughter of the president and all that they do reflects upon him. She may have thought she was being playful or flirty with the reporters, but in the seriousness of election-mode politics the media saw it as childish and inappropriate.

Edit: regarding paris and richie: No one holds the companies their parents/relatives are involved with responsible for their actions. However, their parents are implicitly held responsible for raising wild child(s).
    Dude, I'm cheesing so hard right now.

Registered
    Dec 1998
    Do people hold Hilton Hotels responsible for everything that Paris Hilton does, or Lyonel Richie and his record company being held responsible for Nicole Richie? If a spouse did something, then it would have a bit more of an impact.

A childish act is one thing, a direct, undeserving act is another. If the reporter deserved it, I would whole heartily agree with you. But it has been proven that he was trying to do the right thing by asking for clarification on an issue. She was in the hole, holding the shovel. She decided to keep digging.

I wish the reported deserved the comment… then I would think that she was cool, and that she would help the campaign.
    You need to go back and REREAD my comment. I said nothing about holding parents responsible for their children's actions. Not once did I defend Teresa Heinz Kerry's actions with that reporter or even Cheney's actions with his associate. To use your logic, then you would have to blame the elder Heinzes for raising such a loud-mouth daughter or the elders Cheneys for raising a foul-mouth son. In these cases, the Bush girl, Heinz-Kerry and Cheney are adults and are responsible for their OWN actions. As far as I'm concerned, their noted actions are childish and inappropriate for the circumstances.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Pickles: Heinz 57
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 39
    Last post: 22 Jul 2006, 9:51 AM
  2. Kerry Haters For Kerry
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 04 Oct 2004, 9:09 AM