Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most Beautiful Small City (Charleston, SC: photos and commentary)

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Moderator note:
    The images in this thread are now hosted in the Cyburbia Gallery. See http://www.cyburbia.org/gallery/show...y.php/cat/6524 . It took a while to rebuild this very popular thread, and it's going to suck up a lot of bandwidth in the future, but given that Ablarc has been hosting the images in the past to our benefit, it's our turn to host them now.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Great pics! I was just there last summer and obviously it hasn't changed a bit, except that the new cable stayed bridge was completed. The contrast between the rich and the poor there was unbelievable, but wow, that old town was impressive. If not for the cost and the heat, I'd live there in a heartbeat.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Dec 2008
    Charleston is without a doubt the most wonderful city I have ever stepped foot in, regardless of country (excluding natural elements like weather, beaches, and mountains). I didn't know about the large bridge to Mount Pleasant the first time I went there (afraid of heights) and the only one there was the old bridge where you could see through the roadway down into the river - so scary!

I'd love to be a gold plaque maker there - endless business.

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 32
    Last post: 05 Apr 2015, 2:07 PM
  2. Medieval Boston (photos and commentary)
    Design, Space, and Place
    Replies: 53
    Last post: 28 Jan 2011, 10:28 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last post: 15 Oct 2009, 3:19 AM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last post: 10 Oct 2009, 10:05 PM