Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Five Second Rule

Registered
    Nov 2002
    It totally depends upon what Iím eating and where the food has been dropped. If I drop something on my own floor then the five second rule comes into play. If itís a food with a mushy consistency and/or in a public place then it stays on where it was dropped.

Suspended Bad Email Address teshadoh's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    Oh, it's the 'five second' rule, I always thought it was the five hour rule. Oh well...

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by biscuit
    It totally depends upon what Iím eating and where the food has been dropped. If I drop something on my own floor then the five second rule comes into play. If itís a food with a mushy consistency and/or in a public place then it stays on where it was dropped.
    Amen to that!
    A person who strives is one who thrives. It's GREAT to be THE KING!!!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I adhere to a stricter 3-second rule as long as nothing has stuck to the food. If it can be rinsed, it will be. As for forks and stuff, again, as long as it does not have something stuck to it, otherwise it is wiped off and used again.

Pizza cheese side down = trash...sorry, there is no salvaging that one.
    Information necessitating a change of design will be conveyed to the designer after and only after the design is complete. (Often called the 'Now They Tell Us' Law) - Fyfe's First Law of Revision

We don't believe in planners and deciders making the decisions on behalf of Americans. -- George W. Bush , Scranton, PA -- 09/06/2000

Cyburbian Emeritus Bear Up North's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    This Bear has been eating stuff that was dropped onto floors for many, many years. Never bothered me
    bothered me
    bothered me
    bothered me
    bothered me
    bothered me
    bothered me
    bothered me.......

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Jul 2003
    Sometimes. However, we have two small hounds who can tell from 4 rooms away if food has been dropped, and although they won't budge out the door if it's raining, they can move at the speed of light to retrieve anything dropped. They have the "nose rule"--if I can touch it with my muzzle, they won't eat it, even if it just landed, and they'll give it to me. So the minute I bend over to pick up a piece of cheese, a cold wet nose hits it, and it's as good as gone. I have given up on the 5-second rule, and bow to the nose rule, which takes precedence in our house.
    I don't dream. I plan.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by Plannerbabs
    I have given up on the 5-second rule, and bow to the nose rule, which takes precedence in our house.
    Good point. We have 3 cats and a dog so dropped food at home is also a moot point here. Well, except for the cat/dog fight to see who'll get it...

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 12
    Last post: 24 Oct 2006, 2:09 PM
  2. NHL Rule Changes
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 14 Sep 2005, 3:54 PM
  3. Planners Rule
    Introduce Yourself
    Replies: 74